Moto Series 2012 contingency?

redkow97

I know it's a long-shot that I'll place high enough for contingency to matter, but I can't find any contingency stuff on the MotoSeries website. Any guidance?

I'm just looking to read up on:

- if any sponsors pay out for NOVICE podiums

- if any of those paying sponsors might happen to be tire manufacturers.

- what other decals I need to put on my bike before racing.

The RR needs new rubber in the next few weeks, and I'd like to choose 1 tire and stick with it all year (make and model. not literally 1 tire.)

Q2's are super cheap. Like $180 a set if you find the right vendor with an overstock... So i'm trying to weigh my options as to what makes the most sense.

Better tires may increase my odds of grabbing some contingency money, but if the rear alone costs $40 more, and the contingency payout is only $25, it's really costing me $15 more to win the contingency money.

On a related topic, which would be dumber:

- buying warmers, without owning a generator (find people to bum off of)

- buying a generator before I own warmers (it does have other practical purposes in the event of a power outage, and I might be able to borrow warmers from a buddy for a few rounds)

Thanks Craig.

I'm still a little torn. Bstone pays on so many more classes that there are more chances to win...

they also don't require as many decals or patches. But Dunlop pays more for third, which; let's face it, is what I'd be shooting for...

The things you need to ask are:

-Am I a top runner to get the available contingency money?

-If I am not, what will make that gap smaller? Better tires will reduce that gap in many cases...

As for the tires and warmers questions, Q2s shouldn't be ran with warmers... But, you SHOULD be using the Dunlop GPA-211 in the new compounds if you want to be a contender. Realize one simple idea - better tires will make your chances better. Finishing in the money will build up those dollars and while it isn't going to allow you to break even, depending on your speed and abuse on tires, you CAN make it a lot cheaper...

The point is that Dunlop is going to get you further than B-Stones. More guys run them, more notes, more answer to questions, etc. B-Stone is going to have to rely on Quinten and honestly, he is about 5 years out of date on info. He tells you like he's an ex-AMA pro, but the reality is that he isn't and his feedback isn't as in depth as what Dunlop guys will get you.

So, if you stick with the cheaper tire, you will save money and will NOT need warmers (More $ saved), but you will be at a disadvantage and most likely playing catch up to the guys finishing in the money.

Well, the fact is I suck at Nelson. I can break 1:05 at beaverun, but haven't broken 1:18 at Nelson.

Maybe my move will be a set of Q2's to start the season and get the bike shaken down, and then switch to 211's

14's sound really really fast right now.

You should be use to that

I'm only used to that when I get held up by the R1asshatswatchmegofullboarintotheturnthenputthekickstanddownandgograbacockmeatsandwich twins. Then everyone catches up to me. :D

Don't forget the experts run at the same time and you get some people like one in this thread doing 58s

I didn't know Wrobel was a member here!?!?