US 129 new signage is up

2talltim

Didn't know about it being a law but every time I've been there there's been signs. Something to the effect of "sharp curves ahead trucks take alt route"

Those were just suggestions, warning truckers of the road ahead and suggesting them take another route. Now it's a law.

Is a pick-up a truck? Probably have to take Skyway to Robinsville then up 28 again. :(

i think a 1 ton is, but if youre pulling with a 3/4 i would think you will be ok....might depend on the state...i know in ohio a 1 ton is considered commercial, even if its private use....thats why registration is so much more on an f350 vs an f250...best bet is to call the sheriff dept in that area and ask them

Those were just suggestions, warning truckers of the road ahead and suggesting them take another route. Now it's a law.

NC passed it but won't enforce it.....TN didn't do ANYTHING to stop them. Just plain stupid !

Is a pick-up a truck? Probably have to take Skyway to Robinsville then up 28 again. :(

what are you towing that is over 30ft long....it say trailers longer than 30ft not total rig length.and from when i understand these are also going up on the skyway

what are you towing that is over 30ft long....it say trailers longer than 30ft not total rig length.and from when i understand these are also going up on the skyway

It's a 35 5th wheel with a small double and a long quad cab long box dodge. Totals 64 feet

It's a 35 5th wheel with a small double and a long quad cab long box dodge. Totals 64 feet

here is a cut and patste from ncdot.org ...

No through truck tractors with trailers longer than 30 feet between

US 129 CHEROKEE No Through Trucks

No through truck tractors with trailers longer than 30 feet between US

74 and the Graham County line.

1061694 8/23/2010

US 129 GRAHAM No Through Trucks

the Cherokee County line and the Swain County line.

here is a cut and patste from ncdot.org ...

US 129 CHEROKEE No Through Trucks

No through truck tractors with trailers longer than 30 feet between US

74 and the Graham County line.

1061694 8/23/2010

US 129 GRAHAM No Through Trucks

the Cherokee County line and the Swain County line.

i dont think he was confused about the 30' law...he was asking what they consider "trucks", whether it meant any trucks or just commercial trucks? theres a big difference in a semi truck and a ford ranger

"truck tractor" refers to semi trucks without the box....his dodge ram isnt considered a truck tractor so he should be fine....basically, a semi with a 28' box or 30' box is ok, but nothing bigger...a semi with a 35' box isnt allowed, but a regular truck with a 35' box should be fine since that particular line in the law didnt mention single or combined gvwr

Edited by Steve Butters

i dont think he was confused about the 30' law...he was asking what they consider "trucks", whether it meant any trucks or just commercial trucks?

Correct, last year I was thinking about leaving Fontana and taking tha dragon real early and saving 2 hours vs 165 or 441, plus alot less hills.