any suggestions on riding pants?

oldschoolsdime92

I have a few pairs of icon super duty pants granted they aren't going to prevent any broken bones or anything but they should last longer than levi's. I also have a pair of A*'s jeans that have knee armor but I'm too fat for them right now.

Depends on the kind of ride and weather but mostly I use my Shift jeans. They are better than normal jeans but I'd prefer to not find out how they would hold up in a slide

I also have some Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh type pants in which I've yet to wear. These are more an overpant though as I wanna grab some of those Bohn armor shorts for underneath

I just orders some AGV Sport Solare pants I'll let you know how they do once I get them. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/29939/ITEM/AGV-Sport-Solare-Vented-Pants.aspx

These kinda look like what I had in mind. I like the idea of good ventilation. I'm not 100% sure.on not going leather, but I'd guess these still have to be better than jeans.

Nothing beats leather in my mind. I have some hand-me-down leather pants that my dad got from a leather shop up here. They are simply leather pants that the end user can cut to length or hem if necessary. They have saved me once in a crash already and there is only a scuff mark smaller than a can of pop. I would like to get some with some more armor and pucks eventually but for now they are perfect.

I wear Sliders, you might want to try a pair on, most people buy one size down from their normal size.

X Element pants on the leather up online store have great reviews, no personal experience with them myself though.

I just ordered the Tourmaster Overpant. It is a great overpant if that is what you are looking for. It zips almost all the way up to the hip so you can put it on and take it off over boots and jeans.

I found a pair of these barely used for CHEAP and really like them. Good armor, zip right into my jacket, and as mentioned have zippers all the way up the sides so getting in and out is no problem. They have waterproof zippers so I assume they'd keep water out, but haven't tested that thoroughly yet :)

Think Chris ( Redkow97 ) may still have a 1-pc FS leather suit for sale cheap, last I remember it was under $200 - maybe hit him up about it?

I have a 1-pc thats tight on me but you're welcome to try on -- but you may need a couple tent poles to fill it out:D

For anyone one wondering how kevlar jeans do in a crash, I have first hand experience. I totaled out my bandit with a set of dragon jeans on, a joe rocket textile jacket, rocket leather gloves, and a hjc helmet, with a pair of timberland work boots. The jeans did there job, I superman flew over the bars on a high side. And slid around 30-40 feet down the road. The jeans held up fine still have them, the helmet was scuffed pretty bad and the visor started to come off. the jacket also did it's job but was thrashed. walked away with not a inch of road rash. Now internal injuries are another story....

walked away with not a inch of road rash...

This is what matters ^^^ A guy at work lowsided his Superhawk @ about 35mph into a guardrail, maybe a 15ft buttslide and his regular jeans saved his ass mostly, but they ripped at the hip and he had some lesions from the jeans rashing his ass......better to have a little denim rash instead of asphalt burnt buttcheeks

Iron Pony has Alpine Stars Track Pants on sale right now. They might not fit the bill as far as casual riding goes (in comparison to jeans), but the price is great. They have knee pucks but they are removable.

Something to consider.

I got my AGV Sport Solare pants, ordered a little big so I could use them as overpants as well. The fit is pretty good but havn't been able to go for a ride with them yet. I tried them on over jeans and without. With ordering the bigger size just normal walking around the house the knee/shin pads hang a little low, but when I sit down they go right in place. Hopefully be able to take a short ride tomorrow.

I'm thinking the black kevlar jeans might be what I want. I'd like a casual look for the around town trips but still have protection. They'd also work for the commute to work and back. Unfortunately, jeans aren't legal work wear for me so I'd be changing anyway.

How important is waterproofing to you in this decision? I've been caught in the rain and its no fun being soaked from the knees down..