Want to get a vasectomy

Carwhore

you want to get a vasectomy, or you're done having kids, but your current (and potentially future) sexual partners won't get their tubes tied?

just seems like an odd way to phrase things.

How hard much does it cost to get the procedure, and how much to reverse it if you change your mind? Any other risks involved?

(and i feel awful for anyone who takes 3 months to get rid of 20 loads. Shit, if that's what I was told, as soon as the stitches dissolved, I'd be making sure everything still works, and be through 20 loads in a few days...)

• Upvote 1

Have her get an IUD. Last 10 years an if you decide to have a kid you can.

a friend of mine has a 3 year old that proves those don't always work either.

In her case, the baby's father and the two children she's had since are the best things she's got going in life, but that's not the point for the OP...

I got one years ago so my wife could come off of the pill, wasn't too bad other than the shots of anesthetic at first - just feels like the doc's squeezin' yer eggs kind of hard, or like when you sit on 'em :lol: proceedure is far simpler for men and only took maybe 30 minutes between walking in the door to leaving.

One big piece of advice I can offer; if you do have it done and they don't sew/cauterize the vas's ( man tubes ) but use staples instead ( as they did to me ) DO NOT RIDE A DIRTBIKE WITHOUT A JOCK AND CUP -- I went riding a few weeks after everything was good to go ( or so I thought ) and didn't seem to be a problem until later when I got home and found my satchel had swelled to the size of a baby's head - not shittin' ya a bit! I was almost proud at first until the aching set in, then I realized I was back to square one with the icepack and a couple days off work :D:D

And, no......I didn't get any pics for everyone's amusement

Oh, and I went to Dr. Dan Miller in Dayton since our health policy covered it all.

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

(and i feel awful for anyone who takes 3 months to get rid of 20 loads. Shit, if that's what I was told, as soon as the stitches dissolved, I'd be making sure everything still works, and be through 20 loads in a few days...)

:lol:

It's awkward when she counts with you. "Ummmm, right.... that was number 3....":p

you want to get a vasectomy, or you're done having kids, but your current (and potentially future) sexual partners won't get their tubes tied?

He doesn't want any more kids, he should take the step to head them off at the pass. partner's opinions might change later on.

Have her get an IUD. Last 10 years an if you decide to have a kid you can.

lots of possible complications with those.... could be more trouble than it's worth.

proceedure is far simpler for men and only took maybe 30 minutes between walking in the door to leaving.

this^^

vasectomy is an outpatient procedure that takes no time at all, and recovery is quick, tubes tied is a major surgery, and has a higher rate of complications.

Dr. George Ho in columbus did mine. I had Aetna at the time so it was damn near all covered. Funny dude. Painless. Odd feeling. Went on Friday back to work on Monday.

http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_George_T_Ho.html

Heard he was good. I saw his former partner. And that's the last Ho that will ever touch your fully-functional balls.

• Upvote 1

I've thought about this for a long time, and I've decided this is what I want to do.

Things are great with my gf. She's on the pill now, I don't want any mistakes to happen if she forgets to take it or if it doesn't work.

I think we will be together for a long time, but if that doesn't work out I don't want to have to worry about the next girl im with.

And like I said. I've had 1. My son has a sister to play with. I don't want to have another kid. If it was him all by himself, yes I would.

vasectomy is an outpatient procedure that takes no time at all, and recovery is quick, tubes tied is a major surgery, and has a higher rate of complications.

I was also told that vasectomys are reversible 90 some percentile of the time the vas can be reconnected successfully if there is a change in plans

I've thought about this for a long time, and I've decided this is what I want to do.

Things are great with my gf. She's on the pill now, I don't want any mistakes to happen if she forgets to take it or if it doesn't work.

I think we will be together for a long time, but if that doesn't work out I don't want to have to worry about the next girl im with.

And like I said. I've had 1. My son has a sister to play with. I don't want to have another kid. If it was him all by himself, yes I would.

Your decision....period. I have 3 and i was like thats it im done. Told the wife im getting one done by the time im 30 or have 3 kids, 3 boys to be exact.

I want to get this done. Anything I should consider that some of you that have had it can tell me?

Recommend some doctors (columbus area)

Did your insurance cover it all? Or part?

Personally I wouldn't recomend it, but I know a few people that have had it done and they would recommend it to anyonw. its a personal choice that both you and your wife have to agree on, and you both better be.100% sure you dont want any kids or anymore kids if you already have kids. This isnt a thing you just decide to do over night, so just be prepared before making your final decision.

I have 1 kid. That's all I want.

Yes you do and Jackson is awesome...... but Jordan doesn't. Don't let this ruin you two when her maternal hormones kick in. Like you said you two are gonna be together, she will want one of her own sooner or later. Don't do it bubby, not now.

• Upvote 1

O.O this is your gf not your wife were talking about. In that case you better he sure she is the one, especiaply since the other kid isnt your biological daughter... the next girl you get with might want kids and this could be a dealbreaker... So make sure YOU want it done and not your gf wants it done in this case.

Yes you do and Jackson is awesome...... but Jordan doesn't. Don't let this ruin you two when her maternal hormones kick in. Like you said you two are gonna be together, she will want one of her own sooner or later. Don't do it bubby, not now.

Her kids will be the Great Danes

O.O this is your gf not your wife were talking about. In that case you better he sure she is the one, especiaply since the other kid isnt your biological daughter... the next girl you get with might want kids and this could be a dealbreaker... So make sure YOU want it done and not your gf wants it done in this case.

these guys are both right.....your kid is with another woman, eventually jordan is going to get the mommy urge and want a kid that is biologically hers...then you will be heading back for a reversal, or she will be leaving you for someone who can knock her up