Sunday Dry Makeup Ride April 15th

Blitz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home - thanks for a great ride everyone! Also a BIG thanks for waiting at KFC for me. I was almost certain I'd arrive to an empty lot, but that was a very nice surprise.

Other than that poor ZX-10 meeting its rather muddy demise (and me forgetting that 'ROUTE 62 ->' signs mean "TURN HERE, IDIOT") I'd say that was a pretty ideal way to spend this freakishly warm and sunny day. It was great to see some familiar faces and also meet some new folks. Hopefully I'll see you guys out there more this season!

Now to tear the bike down and get everything nice and shiny for this weekends CSBA ride :badgerrock:

Edited by Harb67

It was great meeting some new faces, as well as meeting some familiar ones again. It was also really nice to meet Jeff. You know, it wasn't exactly what I had planned for the day, but...since we happened to run into your group as it was forming, it all worked out well.

I had a lot of fun today, and the bike and I made it home in the same condition as when we left, so it was a great day!

Hope everyone has a great night!

:busa:

It was nice meeting you guys. What a bunch of some of the nicest guys iv ever met. Sorry I slowed you guys a bit. Dan special thanks to you for keeping me under your wing so to speak.

I will practice and learn to trust the bike more. Then maybe I will come out again. It was fun but I really did not like the blind turns.

I feel super bad for the zx10r guy. Thank goodness he was able to just walk away.

Now for some pictures. If anyone wishes me to take them down let me know and I will remove them.

uJVQB.jpg

L07sS.jpg

ykcc3.jpg

TmYxr.jpg

eOGWN.jpg

LTiPD.jpg

QTH8V.jpg

wbND7.jpg

SGfT7.jpg

Edited by MiDe84

Yep....it was good to meet some new guys and put some miles in. Amazing weather besides the wind. Glad ZX10-R guy (which I wish I remembered everyone's name but there were too many) is ok. When I came up on him I thought for sure he wasn't. And some TLC and a little money and that bike will be right back on the road.

Once again....lotsa fun guys and hopefully I'll see ya next weekend.

had to head back home cuz i couldnt keep up with those twisties on my low ass bike :nono: anybody wanna go cruise hit me up lol

You know, the only reason I passed you, is a good song came on, an it told me to go faster for a little bit. Once the song ended, i dunno, probably 5 minutes after I passed you.. I ended up stopping and waiting for you to catch up. Another 5 minutes went by, (probably closer to 10) then I doubled back to go see if you were hanging out in a ditch! I went back to where I passed you at, and didn't see anything on the sides of the road, or any skid marks...so I turned back around to go catch up with the rest of the riders. A few minutes from reaching them, I ran into Dennis, as he was coming back to check on us. I was feeling really bad for a while, not knowing if you were dead and hidden somewhere. Next time, please let someone know if possible.

Also, I'd say 90% of the time, I ride behind the slowest person, no matter who it is, or how slow they are going. Many years ago, I completely lost the ability to ride any, and so now, I truly don't mind riding slow. I am completely content with the simple fact that I am on 2 wheels again. Personally, I don't care where I am riding, what type of bikes are there, or what speed I am going. I am just thrilled with the experience of being there. So please, if you choose to ride with us again, (or with any group I am in) don't worry at all about being slower. I really don't mind at all.

Hope to see you out there again!

Dan special thanks to you for keeping me under your wing so to speak.

No worries at all man...just glad you stayed safe.

p.s. it's Ben, not Dan. Confusing I know..it happens often. (Or, maybe it's Jeff, depending on who you ask!)

Lol! Ben thanks for checking up on me. I was gonna keep going but then I didn't know how far you guys was ahead of me and didn't wanna get lost lol so I turned back around =( I wanted to stay so bad but my bike couldn't handle it lol hope to ride with you again soon bro! Nice meeting everyone btw that song must be really good!! Haha

Lol! Ben thanks for checking up on me. I was gonna keep going but then I didn't know how far you guys was ahead of me and didn't wanna get lost lol so I turned back around =( I wanted to stay so bad but my bike couldn't handle it lol hope to ride with you again soon bro! Nice meeting everyone btw that song must be really good!! Haha

No matter where the group is they will wait at next turn or stop. No one gets left behind.

No matter where the group is they will wait at next turn or stop. No one gets left behind.

yes they will wait for a bit at the next turn/stop :rolleyes: Been waited on a bit :D

Edited by Habi
wasn't what I meant to say

coOkie,

When you are riding in a group I am leading you will never have to worry about getting lost. We will always wait for everyone before a turn is made and if someone does not show up, we will send someone back to find you.

Even though I was not planning on leading this ride or even joining the ride it was great riding with you all. I hated to see the ZX-10 go down, it is never good to see a bike go down but if it is going to happen, it is also great that he was not injured.

I hope to see you all next Saturday for the Christian Sport Bike Assoc. ride. I am not sure what route you all took after I left with the ZX-10 but next weekends ride will be the same as I was planning on taking today so you should be familiar with the roads. We will meet at 9:30 and depart at 10:00 from Calvary Chapel of Columbus on E. Livingston Ave.

Sorry I slowed you guys a bit

I'm quoting your post but this goes for everyone: Nobody should ever worry about slowing the group down. Stretching your legs for a few minutes at a stop sign while the rest catch up is nothing compared to the possibility of a fellow rider going in over their head and wrecking. It's common for open-invite O-R rides to be a grab bag of experience, skill level, and machine performance, and not a single "fast" person minds waiting - if they did, they wouldn't be riding with that group to begin with.

coOkie,

When you are riding in a group I am leading you will never have to worry about getting lost. We will always wait for everyone before a turn is made and if someone does not show up, we will send someone back to find you.

Even though I was not planning on leading this ride or even joining the ride it was great riding with you all. I hated to see the ZX-10 go down, it is never good to see a bike go down but if it is going to happen, it is also great that he was not injured.

I hope to see you all next Saturday for the Christian Sport Bike Assoc. ride. I am not sure what route you all took after I left with the ZX-10 but next weekends ride will be the same as I was planning on taking today so you should be familiar with the roads. We will meet at 9:30 and depart at 10:00 from Calvary Chapel of Columbus on E. Livingston Ave.

JC....I personally appreciated you leading the ride. I know I set it up but I also know a lot of the guys had far more experience than I do and know the roads better....I didn't want to hold anyone up. Really solid group of good guys today. Guess that's OR for ya. :)

After you took off we went onto 60 and then onto 62. Left onto 62 for less than a mile to 520 and 514 back to 62 and then we all split off home.

Cookie.....the way I see it is you have to expose yourself to those corners to get better. Even if the bike is low......go slow and it'll make it around those corners. Hope to see you out again. I know every time I go out I get better. There was a time (4 months ago) when I thought I should head home early. I laid the bike down softly on route 60 cause the corner got tighter than I expected. Picked it back up....ripped on the throttle while starting it and dumped all the fuel that had flooded it and rode the rest of the day with these guys. I was extremely close to calling it a day and I'm glad I didn't. Dust yourself off and try again. We'll always wait.

Once again guys....lotsa fun. Glad everyone is safe...even if their bike isn't.

I'm quoting your post but this goes for everyone: Nobody should ever worry about slowing the group down. Stretching your legs for a few minutes at a stop sign while the rest catch up is nothing compared to the possibility of a fellow rider going in over their head and wrecking. It's common for open-invite O-R rides to be a grab bag of experience, skill level, and machine performance, and not a single "fast" person minds waiting - if they did, they wouldn't be riding with that group to begin with.

Exactly....couldn't have said it better myself.

Many many times I am slower than the OR guys I ride with. They don't mind waiting on me....and I don't mind waiting on others. Always ride at your skill level and never worry about needing to ride faster to keep up.

I'd rather wait for 20 minutes and have everyone make it to the next intersection than have someone hurt....or have someone head home.

I'm sure we'll see ya out again Cookie. You're welcome anytime.

Had a great time today. Nice to see some familiar faces. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out more this year than last, today was a good start. MiDe84: I've been on plenty of rides with people that were riding slower than you were and it's never a problem, and thanks for the pics! I'm sure I'll see many of you again later in the season.

Yeah sorry I didn't let know one know. Next time I will but hope it won't be a next time :)

I'm not entirely familiar with your situation, but I'm assuming that you had the bike lowered so you could more confidently reach the ground while mounted? If this is the case and the bike now handles like shit or grounds out in the corners, you should take a step back and approach the problem from a different angle. Lower seats, proper riding boots with thicker soles, and proper suspension setup amongst other things can all be mixed in with a lesser degree of bike lowering to achieve your goal while still maintaining good cornering characteristics. If the bike really is handling so poorly that you don't feel safe riding it around corners, post up and ask for some help on the forum. There are lots of people here who have run into the tall bike/short rider dilemma that can offer advice, and there are also lots of people in and around Cbus that can help you implement any changes/mods you need to do to get that thing carving corners while also staying upright while stopped.