My first AMA PRO round ATLANTA

gixxie750

Ped - Has Brandon raced at Road Atl before?

I'd be more curious about seeing him run SS at Mid Oh, his home track. Everything else is a new experience and deserves a bravo in my book.

You'd have to ask him how many times he's been there but between races and trackdays I'd say around 8 times give or take.

http://maps.wera.com/racers/racerprofile.asp?x=1098&rid=1121882827680

well just a cliff note of the cliff notes to what will prob be posted over on afj

I cant tell you what day/when things went down as our days seemed to overlap due to motor swap w minimal tools/equipment/time

"race" motor had a spark plug break threads off in the block. motor was down 10hp low for a race motor

back up motor was coming up 15 hp low for a race motor, we had to lose quick shifter so that hurt us also

the first dnf race was a mechanical fail from a broken/ejected external retaining clip that held the shifter on

2nd race was called early from red flag/delay from race before.

I think with the kinks worked out and what was learned was learned we should do better at mid o.

Well technically no one is "going pro" as in being payed to ride. They just aquired enough club racing points to enter another racing orgs event where a few pros do ride in other classes.
So Brandon's not getting paid? I didn't realize that.
You know what else? We're smoking pot and banging H too. We don't call ourselves junkies just to be clever...
I think everyone already knows that. :lol:
Ped - Has Brandon raced at Road Atl before?

I'd be more curious about seeing him run SS at Mid Oh, his home track. Everything else is a new experience and deserves a bravo in my book.

That's what I was thinking.
well just a cliff note of the cliff notes to what will prob be posted over on afj

I cant tell you what day/when things went down as our days seemed to overlap due to motor swap w minimal tools/equipment/time

"race" motor had a spark plug break threads off in the block. motor was down 10hp low for a race motor

back up motor was coming up 15 hp low for a race motor, we had to lose quick shifter so that hurt us also

the first dnf race was a mechanical fail from a broken/ejected external retaining clip that held the shifter on

2nd race was called early from red flag/delay from race before.

I think with the kinks worked out and what was learned was learned we should do better at mid o.

Thanks for the update. Sucks about the plug. How'd it happen?

A little anti-seize goes a long way in preventing a plug thread issue.

Just sayin'.

the motor came to us "built" from a race team, we are going to have the head off to fix and look further into it. but yea I assembled the backup with new plugs w anti seize (as I usually do), the plan was practice and qualify and change plugs for the first race.

on a side note, a team mechanic made a point to say that the ngk's were known for the last couple threads causing issues, so on yo personal stuff make sure this is taken care of, we heard/learned the hard way a little late.

if not getting paid, why bother with "pro" status?

Dude, let the shit go. I explained the reasoning as to why it is called AMA Pro Racing. EVERYONE on the grid is an AMA Pro racer. Again, the example with the AMA RRGC which is a Pro AM event. The guys with current AMA Pro Cards will not be allowed to compete.

It's not always going to pan out to be getting money. But, if he gets into the top 20, there is a payout. Hell, he may have made a couple of hundred for the place he finished. It isn't going to cover anything, but it is possible he gets something...

Second, the top guys will get money for sure. Tires, sponsors and class earnings. But, there cannot be 40 number 1 finishers.

I am not sure as to your outlook on all of this. Should a kid give up playing local soccer because they cannot win the championship every year? Should a guy never enter a race at a local MX event because he cannot win? Should you stop riding your bike because there is certainly someone better than you?

The point is that there are 40 plus spots available. There are guidelines as to the maximum amount of time allowed to make the grid. Those that do are a select group and are worthy of making the race.

Look at Melissa Parish - she failed to make the cut in Daytona Sportbike. She IS a professional and IS paid to race. But, she failed to make the cut. I know for sure she is faster than most people I know. Should she hang her leathers up and get a real job because she cannot even make a race?

The difference between guys like you and racers is that racers don't have a loser mentality. They feel they can accomplish the set goals they have for themselves and be competitive.

If you don't see the value, that's cool. But, I am willing to bet that you've never felt the way a racer has felt or feels everyday when they race/ride. Some people are cut out for racing, some try it because it looks cool and some try it and fail terribly and walk away. There are those all over the board as to why they do it. But, unless you have and unless you can relate, you won't ever understand it...

the motor came to us "built" from a race team, we are going to have the head off to fix and look further into it. but yea I assembled the backup with new plugs w anti seize (as I usually do), the plan was practice and qualify and change plugs for the first race.

on a side note, a team mechanic made a point to say that the ngk's were known for the last couple threads causing issues, so on yo personal stuff make sure this is taken care of, we heard/learned the hard way a little late.

I certainly wasn't baggin' on anyone crewing for Brandon (based on your reply it didn't sound like you took it that way but just sayin' is all). I had heard of this as well and certainly wasn't privy to the details until now. I thought it was only an issue with certain year makes and models though....but I can't remember.

It would be interesting to hear what the builder would have to say about it.

Thanks for the info.!

Everyones missing the point here. Which is clearly and unequivocally ORDN are a bunch of dick squeezing haters and Assfault Junkies are the real deal. So until until Casper runs in the AMA......

yeah casper, when are you gonna lose an ama race? :D

• Upvote 1

I think Grapenutsmuggler failed to grasp the final part of your equation, Brian.

:lol:

Sorry, Joe! You can take it out on me this weekend if you come to Nelsons. :D

....some try it and fail terribly and walk away.

Im not sure how you want me to reply..... not making excuses but its like

$500-600 a pair for tires and you get like 5 sets a weekend rain and normal so theres $1500

Everything said and done with travel, prep, tires, entry, hotel, parts and consumables $3000 to $4000

who walks out and wins right of the back? SRSLY He may have came in dead last of the running bikes but he still beat 4 or bike a day that didnt finish or didnt start.

Do better yourself or hold your tongue, nut up or shut up (god I love zombieland)

....some try it and fail terribly and walk away.

Im not sure how you want me to reply..... not making excuses but its like

$500-600 a pair for tires and you get like 5 sets a weekend rain and normal so theres $1500

Everything said and done with travel, prep, tires, entry, hotel, parts and consumables $3000 to $4000

who walks out and wins right of the back? SRSLY He may have came in dead last of the running bikes but he still beat 4 or bike a day that didnt finish or didnt start.

Do better yourself or hold your tongue, nut up or shut up (god I love zombieland)

grapesmuggler is the username of a different guy on here.

Everyones missing the point here. Which is clearly and unequivocally ORDN are a bunch of dick squeezing haters and Assfault Junkies are the real deal. So until until Casper runs in the AMA......
I am confused :confused: First OR were dick squeezers then Brandon said dick nibblers and now it is squeezers again. So am I supposed to be squeezing or nibbling? No wonder I can't find a back. Please help!
  • Upvote 1

Hey, man... I can respect that. I don't really give a shit what you think about me, but to make shit up is really spineless... You've never met me and all you have done is been critical when I chime in about racing. I've done this for a long time. I may not be impressive to you and I certainly am not, but at the same time, when you degrade someone and what they have tried to do well at and have made a career around this industry, I take offense. Especially when you have no basis of your comments towards me.

But again, everyone has the right to have an opinion. Good, bad or in the middle. That's totally cool. Just don't make shit up, man... We are good otherwise.

And, I hope you don't think my comments are kissing Brandon's ass. I'm not. Just supporting a fellow racer. That's it.

you went around a few years ago on local riders totally bashing the hell out of his crew for being a bunch of squids. I think it's a little bit weird you now find some supportive role to play for him.:rolleyes:

he just wants attention. and from the very people he talks shit about on his forum:wtf:

Edited by serpentracer
  • Upvote 1

I think Grapenutsmuggler failed to grasp the final part of your equation, Brian.

:lol:

Sorry, Joe! You can take it out on me this weekend if you come to Nelsons. :D

My comments were directed at Magley who keeps baggin on Brandon. Wasn't towards Grape at all.

you went around a few years ago on local riders totally bashing the hell out of his crew for being a bunch of squids. I think it's a little bit weird you now find some supportive role to play for him.:rolleyes:

he just wants attention. and from the very people he talks shit about on his forum:wtf: and if you think he makes the kind of money from that store to pay for all this racing you're crazy. someone (daddy) is flippin the bills.

Back then, I believe it was centralized around the highway video. Yes, I considered that squid like in behavior. But, he's racing and at least trying hard. I give kudos to him for that. I also support a few other AFJ race guys. There are some good riders amongst them. I've been supportive of them also.

Are you saying people cannot change their feelings after a while? I won't renig on what I said on that piece of shit forum back then.