TV took a shit! Who wants it?

max power

I didn't think CRT tube type tv's had a color wheel. Sounds like a bad power supply.

You are correct. I took the back cover off tonight and plugged it in. The noise is coming from the coil that powers the tube. At least it appears to be a coil. It looks like the coil from a car and has an orange wire that runs directly into the top of the tube.

A quick internet search returned no good results from "TV coil", so Im not sure that is the technical name of the part.

Any ideas?

BB's will bounce off the screen and shoot yer eye out.

So, back on topic, who wants this thing?

Its probably repairable and had a great picture, speakers and tons of inputs.

Would be a great gamer tv.

Edited by max power

You are correct. I took the back cover off tonight and plugged it in. The noise is coming from the coil that powers the tube. At least it appears to be a coil. It looks like the coil from a car and has an orange wire that runs directly into the top of the tube.

A quick internet search returned no good results from "TV coil", so Im not sure that is the technical name of the part.

Any ideas?

didn't read any further so if someone else already said it...bite me. :D

those are called a flyback and they are replaceable

Edited by serpentracer

Yep, the flyback is whistling.

It looks like a coil in a car, bike, etc.

I was investigating my issue for my tv and mine has 3 of those. it looks like they're pretty inexpensive too. just google your tv model flyback and see what you find. mine are like $30-45.

mine is the convergence of the 3 lenses (rear projection screen) the part is cheap enough but I'd have to have someone with the proper alignment equipment align the picture again. which isn't worth the price from what I've been getting quotes for. $350-400 per hour. should only take 45 min. but I get billed for the whole first hour. screw it, new 50" lcd's are only $500-600 for a basic model.

Edited by serpentracer

not sure i want to take the chance of shocking the shit out of myself to repair this thing. I am having a hard time finding a 32" TV for the money I want to spend though.

u know how you're supposed to discharge a capacitor? I'm being 100% serious, you touch the two connectors with a plastic handle screwdriver. no joking.