screw my boss

Exarch

...this obviously peaked your interest...

We're gonna grow you up one piece of educated advice at a time...

A person's interest is piqued. It is not "peaked". They are not climbing a mountain.

As you all were.

Maybe it's just me, but if having a few extra toys and disposable is the difference between more time with my kiddo or not, I'm going to choose time with my kid EVERYTIME!!!

-VanDy

Maybe it's just me, but if having a few extra toys and disposable is the difference between more time with my kiddo or not, I'm going to choose time with my kid EVERYTIME!!!

-VanDy

Well, lets say Im only working 1 job, therefor I have no extra money in savings. Now I lose my job, how will I support my family? I cant, I would be living week to week.

You failed to read me saying im also saving for my kids college funds and put up money for a rainy day.

just cuz im not around my kids as much as some people doesn't make me a deadbeat dad, I love my kids and if I could not work at all(hit the lotto) I would spend more time with them. sometimes I let my boys stay up past their bedtime just so I can get some more time in with them. No choice is easy to make, but thats just life.

Can you elaborate on this, please?

Whats to elaborate on? If shtf and somehow I managed to end up with no job ide join the army again :dunno: I dont see that happening ever though.

Edited by Exarch

:lol: I just got a phone call informing me im getting a quarter raise and it is being backpaid from february =D guess I burnt some bridges yesterday, not :)

Did you at least use mouth wash before kissing your wife?

• Upvote 2

Wow a whole quarter???????? What are you going to do with the extra $10 a week?

Better than nothing :dunno: thats like 2 packs of cigs :)

I just found it funny I got a raise, I didnt even ask for one. And like I said earlier when we lose our contract in.a couple.months getting a $5(now $4.75) raise + benefits.

So if you didn't use mouth wash how did you get the taste of kiss out of your mouth. With that extra quarter maybe you can afford to stop at the DG-mart and get something to get the taste of sweaty balls out of your mouth. Congrats on the raise, might also look into knew pads ad your gonna tear the Hell out of your knees. Never been in your situation but I'm sure your just taking a load for your family.

Better than nothing :dunno: thats like 2 packs of cigs :)

I just found it funny I got a raise, I didnt even ask for one. And like I said earlier when we lose our contract in.a couple.months getting a $5(now $4.75) raise + benefits.

I thought you already have benefits from the high paying job. Also you want so much for your family yet you smoke and chew? Hell you'll get another raise if you quit. I'm not sure how anyone chooses to smoke with the price of cigs.

Edited by crb

I thought you already have benefits from the high paying job. Also you want so much for your family yet you smoke and chew? Hell you'll get another raise if you quit. I'm not sure whoe anyone chooses to smoke with the price of cigs.

Where do you come up with these theorys?

So if you didn't use mouth wash how did you get the taste of kiss out of your mouth. With that extra quarter maybe you can afford to stop at the DG-mart and get something to get the taste of sweaty balls out of your mouth. Congrats on the raise, might also look into knew pads ad your gonna tear the Hell out of your knees. Never been in your situation but I'm sure your just taking a load for your family.

What exactly is 'my situation'? Since you obviously know me so well, I know were bffs.and.all, but...

From one person who smokes to another

1 pack of cigarettes a day $5.50, 5.50*7=38.50 a week, 38.50*52=$2002 a year just based on a pack a day at a conservative $5.50 pack.

I was talking about him assuming I had benefits.

I know how much I spend on smokes, its not gunna break my bank. Although the common joke for people with 2 jobs that smoke is ' I need a second job just to afford smoking'

I smoke because I choose to(kind of) not because I have to(im addicted). Sure I can quit(easier said than done) but at thia point in my life I have too much stress to think about.quitting(I would probably punch the next person I see in the face that said something I didnt like after 2days no nicotine)

smoking is a stress reliever for me, its one of the few things I enjoy every single day. people that do not smoke dont understand this, but for those that do they understand the pressures of.quitting.

Ive quit cold turkey, ive tried the gum, ive tried the patch and nothing works. After a while I just explode without having the nicotine in my system. Im kind of like that angry drunk when i.dont have any nicotine. More/less it balances me out.

They are coming out with a spray. so you feel a little stress just a squirt will do. I quit 4 yrs ago my hubby still smokes...he has tried many things too.

That sounds interesting, I talked to my Dr today about chantex, but im still debating on wether to try it or not. Ill ask him about this new spray next time I schedule an appointment. Might be a good alternative down the road if I decide not to go with the chantex.