Drag Racers, Some Advice?

magley64

Hey Guys...

Thinking about doing some "legal" grudge racing wednesday night to get some race slips under my belt/test the water. What kind of gear/tech/prep work do drag tracks usually require?

Also, any other tips, or rookie mistakes that I should be mindful of?

Thanks!

There are written rules, and there are the actual rules

And some of it is track-dependent.....

^ What he said. Where you headed? Thompson?

depends on what I need, and what the weather is like...

If I just need what I normally wear for riding, and the weather is good, then I'l probably go wednesday... beats bike night.

Chances are you just need what you normally wear for riding (assuming helmet, jacket, gloves, long pants and boots that cover the ankle) and nothing special for the bike.

they may require leather pants if you trap 125+, and a tethered kill switch....its written that way, but it all depends on the track....you can get away with a lot of stuff depending where you go....hence the post above me of jrmmiiiiiiiiii wearing jeans on his boosha

thanks for the input fellas.

I doubt I'm gonna make any track records, as I plan on going easy on my new clutch for the first night or 2 I go anyway, but I would like the freedom of opening her up all the way without constantly watching for LEOs on the horizon.

If you need any help, let me know as I could swing over and assist on suspension setup, etc. I think the critical part is traction, but the ability to stay in it w/o upsetting the chassis to the point you need to roll out.

I really was a drag racer's kid, but my dad was a car guy. But, the same idea applies I am betting on traction and ability to stay in it all through the pass...

Are you pulling the front down and running different rear links or just bone stock? I'd love to at worse just hang and take it all in.