O.R fabricators! I need some opinions

oldschoolsdime92

Heres my dilemma, The Fz1 came with a really cool leo vince high mount. I occasionally ride two up, and would like to run luggage. The high mount doesn't allow any of this. I contacted Leo and they no longer produce exhaust for my bike. So, I have an excellent sounding muffler, and no mid pipe.

I've attempted to trade the entire exhaust via fz1forum and yamahafz1oa, with no luck. So heres where I am

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0934.jpg

IMAG0932.jpg

IMAG0935.jpg

Option 1

I have talked to an exhaust shop and they are more than willing to make me up a pipe for really cheap, but I will loose the spring connector from the muffler to the midpipe, and there is also a stop on the exhaust for my center stand, to keep it from hitting my rear set.

option 2

I have pondered cutting the mid pipe off my stock exhaust and making it work with the leo muffler, problem is, I'm out stock exhaust if I were to need it.

option 3

You guys fill in the blank on your thoughts.

On the CBR with a Scorpion Hi-mount, they have 2 aluminum spacers and longer bolts that put the peg on the other side of the can. They are probably 4" long and have an id of what the bolt is, with an o.d. of approx 1/2".

As far as the spacers, I have them but it kicks the passenger rear set out really far and puts your one foot at a crazy angle. It also flexs so bad it hits the muffler when weight is applied. I will see if I can find a shop that uses stainless. This piping and muffler is titanium, can you weld stainless to titanium?

Simplest method imo would be have it custom bent so your drop and offset angles are where you need them, you dont want to just buy something and slap it on.....could drag it through a turn at the Gap - especially with your other half playin' backpack. I'd assume just make sure to keep it close to the bike as possible between point a & b without susp. interference? :dunno:

Another mfg. may have something "your bike" specific but will the length and bend be cohesive between Leo's header and silencer? May be a $80 piece from an aftermarket co. but $35 to have made? I dont know, plenty of variables to stew over but a shop only needs your bike there to know what it needs once. How different are the FZ6's? Maybe Andy can help you check using his midpipe?

A friend of mine is a welder by trade and works with stainless daily. I'll try to get ahold of him to see about cutting a section and keeping the ends that way you could just change the angles and shorten the length of the middle of the pipe. Text me later if you can.