What fasteners and from where?

APCh8r

Okay, got a new set of bodywork and seeing which dzus fasteners people tend to go with and where they purchase from.

I have used the black 12mm d ring style dzus fasteners from kurvy girl in the pass, but have had issues with them rattling use. Attack doesn't list theirs for sale anymore on their website, and Sharkskinz is $7 per fastener.

So what I am looking for is what most people go with in style, length, price, and location. Make sure to list if you use the clip or rivet style.

I just bought some rivet style from kurvy about an hour ago. I have a whole pack of 12mm clip style ones but my body work is too thick so I needed to get some 14mm ones. I decided to just go with the rivet style ones because I feel like they hold better. If you are looking for more black 12mm clip style, I have a 10 pack that are brand new sitting in the garage.

Plasti-dip the d-ring :dunno: If you have used Dzus and like them, just use the button head style and you shouldn't hear rattling. I think I am going to experiment with using cotter pins once my bodywork comes in. I figure they'll just pop off in a cash before letting the bodywork break.

-Edit-

I didn't understand "rattling use" so I just dropped "use", it now occurs you might mean loose. In that case the plati-dip obviously doesn't work so I would go with the rivet style.

Edited by imprez55

Used silver D-ring rivet race (12mm?) from KurveyGirl. Rattling loose was definitely not a problem, partly because of the thickness stackup, and partly because most of them had a significant shear load due to the tight fit of the pre-production bodywork I was running. I made some custom aluminum reinforcement plates to keep them from tearing out of the fiberglass:

2hfutxv.jpg

Thanks to Ray of SBImage for the super hi-res photos which made the above ludicrous-zoom possible.

I have the black d-ring rivet ones from kurvey girl. 5 of them I have no problems with at all, but the 6th one keeps coming loose and falling out. After replacing it with the only 2 spares I had and those both came out, I resorted to using a zip tie. It hasn't come loose yet! :D It does suck to have to find the cutters every time I want to take the lower off to change oil or whatever though.

My rivet style fasteners all rattles out while riding and I have shark skinz. They do not hold tight at all. I use the black pop rivets that are used to hold trim on cars and there is no way they are coming out unintentionally now.

http://www.itw-fastex.com/catalog/index.php/dw/op/a/6/c/16/p/4?m=no