Letters from an angry neighbor

Casper

Wow, clearly someone is beyond reasoning and it surely isn't the biker. My advice would be to put a stock exhaust on the bike (if possible) and see if he could log an official complaint against the neighbor or something or that nature. It is clear that the "war veteran" is unstable and is willing to do some sort of harm so it would be best to have it on record that you have tried to mitigate the situation and he is beyond reasoning. If he has 4 bikes, he should be more understanding that they do make noise

I had my neighbor issues. I found the best way to deal with am old fuck like that is confront them face to face. Writing a letter is like hiding behind a keyboard, it makes it easy to feel tough.

I had my neighbor issues. I found the best way to deal with am old fuck like that is confront them face to face. Writing a letter is like hiding behind a keyboard, it makes it easy to feel tough.

So instead of being a keyboard cowboy hes a paper cowboy? :dunno:

I bring it old man, make me open one of the 4 safes. That being said, I don't own one of those gay ass loud straight piped Harley's and can't stand em either. And it does seem all the retards that do own em have to rev the piss out of em non stop.

• Upvote 2

I'd seriously see if I could bounce off the rev limiter more often than not. That bike would be WOT day and night from there on out.

Dude's typed response was more than cordial - shit, rolling it to the street before is more than cordial....

Where's Paul Harvey? I want the rest of the story

Ask and ye shall receive.

This is the guy who got the notes:

mKtQm.jpg

That's a 2000 Harley Heritage. With Thunderheader pipes. Youtube Thunderheaders, and you'll probably be able to empathize a bit with the neighbor.

Some of the last comments made by the OP include:

"They are, I was foolish to not think about how they would sound in areas with echo. They came on the bike."

"My goal would be to find a way to compromise with him. I live near a road that goes straight to the county, which is where I do most of my riding. But if the pipes have to change for neighborhood peace, so be it. I'm not married to their sound."

Sounds like understanding and compromise may prevail.

And now you have...the rest of the story. Good day.

Edited by Harb67
soapbox added, then removed. I'll keep things factual for now.

Not knowing the noise level it is impossible to say who is wrong. With that said, if you run a stock exhaust you should have no issues. If you want to be obnoxiously loud, you get everything that comes your way. Respect is a two-way street. I don't want to hear loud motorcycles, cars, trucks, whatever. The sooner measurable, enforceable noise laws are put in place the better. If asshats with straight pipes had a brain and some respecy, noise ordinances and motorcycle bans would have no need to exist.

common courtesy goes a long way. I guarantee any of you would hate to hear that thing all the time even if it is for the few min he's getting ready to leave. those loud ass pipes are the most annoying things on the planet.

I want to shoot everyone that has them. I hate starting my bike up in the mornings to go riding. I go all the way down the driveway as far away from the building (condo) as I can. I know how annoying it might be to others.

Straight pipe harleys do sound fucking awful, and the losers that ride them do seem to rev them constantly, probably so they can enjoy the noise they paid $5000 too much for. I will say tho, stock exhausts do generally sound and breathe like shit, never kept stock pipes on any of my bikes, bit I also don't run open pipes. Guess they're both jack-offs. His bike looks like the rhinestone cowboy fucked a tractor on a Ouija board and conceived the shiniest, gayest, loudest turd EVAH! Bet he has a bitchin bandanna collection.

• Upvote 1