I'm baaaaack

Hoblick

Hell I will be riding before hob does. :p

This is true lol.

I was debating doing suspension now or wait till winter, think ill wait till winter and give Rueben a call.

The body work is on its way, gotta fit it, then it goes out to paint.

Last thing mechanically im waiting on is the brembo 19x18 master, ferodo STAC brake pads, and ASV levers

This is true lol.

I was debating doing suspension now or wait till winter, think ill wait till winter and give Rueben a call.

The body work is on its way, gotta fit it, then it goes out to paint.

Last thing mechanically im waiting on is the brembo 19x18 master, ferodo STAC brake pads, and ASV levers

What body work vendor did you go with? I looked into Optimal for my "new" bike, but I have the stock header and according to their website you can't use the stock header with their skins. I have also heard that the Optimal skins have had a hard time taking paint. Any truth to this on your end, Hobs?

What body work vendor did you go with? I looked into Optimal for my "new" bike, but I have the stock header and according to their website you can't use the stock header with their skins. I have also heard that the Optimal skins have had a hard time taking paint. Any truth to this on your end, Hobs?

Replace the stock header? :confused:

i'll post up on this.. some of their body work will not work with stock headers.. they are either to wide or to low.. and will burn through.. i and the wife both have full exhaust so never had an issue..

as far as paint goes.. no issues what so ever with EITHER of my sets for my r6.. i painted my old set myself did fine.. and i had my newest set professionally painted.. and it is amazing

my wifes set had a slight issue with the gel coat on the upper only.. but JOHN @ optimal racing did us right and took care of it.. it still took the paint fine and its holding up quite well after a little extra work from the painter.. but my newest tail and the wifes second set looks perfect

Good info here, guys! A full set of Optimal skins (as I am sure Ryan knows by now) is less than half of a set of Sharkskinz. The ones on the newer bike are kinda rashed up, and I have been patching and painting them in the garage for a couple days. But I hope to replace them in the offseason and use the current ones as backups should gravity become overwhelmingly apparent mid corner some where.

Round 3??

0cea1248.jpg

Body work is in a big box waiting to be opened.

Should be all together this weekend aside from my steering stabalizer which is on the way.

Body work will have to remain in primer for now.

Gonna try to get the suspension halfway dailed in if i can too.

• 3 weeks later...