My kitchen

gen3flygirl

So there I was doing what #1 sammich makers do best........ Drinking beer in my kitchen and notice some of the cracked tiles on the floor are really loose. Turns out they weren't even close to being secure to the floor so I got to spend my Saturday night doing construction work.

The start

025d76d9.jpg

Once I got those up I started vacuuming up all the dirt and foud out that some of the other tiles could be pried off by hand

dab08dfa.jpg

They need to be whipped off but not to shabby for it only being my second time doing tile work. Once it dries I get to do the grout work.

a7b3b528.jpg

• Upvote 1

Story of my life!

It was a good stress reliever thought because I had to take a hammer to the rest of the cement stuff used to keep the original tiles down.

Ceramic or old Asbestos tiles???? Good job :cheers:

I hope you didn't use premixed mortar, that shit never dries under 12x12 tiles

Well fuck

Got a tile cutter if you want to get all fancy with your tiling. Chicks dig well done angle cuts!

Electric wet saw or ...? I might take you up on this. The tile on the edge of the step going down to the basement needs to be replaced. The problem is they are only 6x2 or so.

Ceramic or old Asbestos tiles???? Good job :cheers:

Ceramic. The asbestos is in the side room in the basement that I will be working on after graduation. I had to get the rest of the pre existing mortar off the floor before I would put the new stuff down.