detailing question - chain lube on wheel

max power

Sudden thought at the mention of "non-chlorinated"...

Should some one actually have titanium parts (like a muffler can), NEVER use anything chlorinated on the bare titanium. Not even tap water. Chlorine and chlorine compounds will make titanium brittle. Result is failure of the part, as in cracking, breaking, etc...

Also, touching titanium with aluminum, even briefly, will result in the most amazing corrosion ever seen.

Max, I use mineral spirits, from Lowes in a quart can. It's proper to clean a chain with. I figure it removes chain gunk from other parts. I also use kerosene. I'm cheap and lazy and kerosene is always around. WD-40 should work, it's majority (51%) Stoddard solvent (also known as hexane type mineral spirits) with a light oil. All solvents can remove a bit of paint, so be careful. But on the other hand, mineral spirits are used to clean/prep painted surfaces for painting.

The Bike Brite and a similar S-100 work good, and I sometimes use them first to remove most of the crap. Expensive. Seems to work well on the engine, but not so well on heavily gunked wheel rims.

but you have to say this line first ."hold my beer and watch this "

Also have scruit come over so we know its on film. Make sure you stand on the pegs and bounce. I know it sounds crazy but its all very scientific stuff it'll work.

Just put the bike on a rear stand,put it and gear and run it to redline should just fly off.

Haha! Nice one. I gotta try that. Does it work better at noon or 3am?