"Nice bike"

TSB67

Really? I get asked quite often if someone can ride it or at least ride bitch. I get asked even more if I can teach them how to ride.

No one has ever asked to ride but I often get asked to give them a ride around the block. I also get asked if I can teach them how to ride and my response is usually sure, if they have their own bike. Had one girl ask me to teach her though and fully expected I would let her learn on my freshly painted bike I just spent a ton of money on to get it looking fresh for this season. I told her no with at least 10 different reasons why but she still didn't understand how hard it is to first learn to use a clutch and to shift. She got pissed and I haven't talked to her since haha!

A clean bike in general is deserving a compliment. I would say that they are complementing your taste in bikes, but i prefer a bike that is clean and original. Busas that are stock i complement, but stretched, lowered, and more i walk past.

But what about my slightly battered, dirty Vstrom with minimal mods? :confused:

I also get "nice bike" comments with my similarly beat and dirty commuter bicycle. Fenders, rack and lights make a bike cool? I never knew.

I mean I really like both bikes but they are functional, not what I think of "cool".

Craig

I just say "thanks".

It's when friends / family ask me to ride it when I feel awkward. I always tell them no and they seem to get upset.

Yup. i've let my brother and my best friend ride. that's it. Plenty of other people have asked to ride. Hell some random hick asked to ride while we were crossing paths in a parking lot. I rode a few girls on it, but i wouldn't let anyone learn on it. That sounds like a horrible idea. Maybe if it was a beginner's bike, but it's not. I like my straight clip-ons.

Happens with cars too. I had a BMW Z4 M coupe for a few years and people would always say "nice car man". Like the OP, I never knew how to respond other than "thanks". There aren't a lot of coupes around so people always took an interest. The best is when they would say, "I bet that thing is fast". Ya think? :wtf: I still kick myself for getting rid of it, it was a fine machine :nono:

080928-BMW-2.jpg

I exited the Duc store one day and some random guy was sitting on my bike. My head got all sideways and shit and I just said' date=' "Are you out of your fucking mind?!?!"

He apologized and said he thought it was one of the dealership bikes. I just replied, "It's not. Get off."[/quote']

Shoulda just shot him