Over 600 Miles Of Twisty S.E.O. Roads Two Routes

drc32-0

We just finished the 2012 FJR Ramble and I thought some long distance twisty lovers might be interested in a couple of very good routes.We had one route for East of I-77 and one route for West of I-77.Unfortuneately, we didn't get to do the West route due to rain...we'll do it later in the summer or fall.These are long routes at 312 miles and 347 miles,but you can slice 'em and dice 'em for shorter loops...a lot of good stuff here...

2012RambleEastLoop300miles.jpg

rambleeastloop-turndirections.png

2012RambleWestLoopOVERALL.jpg

ramblewestloop-turndirections.png

How's the pavement? Have done most if not all of those roads and they really are fun. Good stuff!

The East route...564 is being paved right now...thank God.First mile of CR15-Dalzell Rd is about a 6 on a 1to10 scale,then at the county line it becomes a 9 or 10.536 is about a 5 or 6.The 78 section is about a 6 or 7,but it is being paved this year.147 is a little rough in places,but overall about an 8.Long Ridge and Short Ridge roads are pretty rough,but they are just used to get to an outstanding overlook at Keidash Piont Park.The rest of the East route is at least an 8 with some sections sporting brand new pavement...bottom of 800,145,part of 565,parts of 26 and 148 come to mind.

The West route...The West route has very good pavement on nearly the entire route.The only exceptions that come to mind are 329 and 676 are probably about a 6 or 7,and 691 is rough,but it is being paved right now.As you know 374 has new pavement as does 339 from Beverly to Dexter City,both outstanding rides!:)

I've ridden all those roads several times, and all I can say is...if you haven't ridden them, you truly can't appreciate what Ohio has to offer!

We had 23 bikes from 5 states and Canada and several people said the east route was one of the top 10 rides they have ever ridden.We didn't get to ride the west route.That's pretty high praise from a group of riders that have ridden most of the good stuff in America and some of Canada.

These two routes will definitely show you why people hold Southeastern Ohio riding in high regard.It's all here...creek followers,ridge top rides,forest roads,climbs and descends and the natural beauty of the Hocking Hills.