Hi point. Waste of money?

idodishez

Carbines are supposed to be pretty good, but their pistols aren't what I call reliable. Some people have good luck with them, but most don't. I personally wouldn't trust my life to one. For very little more money you could pickup a taurus, not that they are the end all be all either.

Sig 250's can be had fairly inexpensivly.

Edited by crb

I actually carried the C9 for a few months. I must be one of the lucky ones its only jammed twice and they were FTF. Blazer brass ammo works best steel seems to cause them to malfunction. I actually like mine but since I toy my P11 it just sits in the safe. Plus you cant beat a unconditional lifetime warranty no mater who owns it. If you were closer you could take it to the range and see how you liked it. Got mine for $130 as a first gun.

Most don't have problems.....hell I saw Glocks having issues this past weekend.:rolleyes: Nutnfancy did his thing with a Hi-Point and said that they just plain work and are pretty accurate.

I've only shot my uncles highpoint 9mm. It shot fine no issues. I think the reason that everyone believes the " I heard those guns are crap" rumors is the low price. I haven't ever heard any first hand bad experiences they've all been hearsay.

Wouldn't be for carry. Home

Defense? Maybe, idk. More

just to add to collection and get another 9 for cheap practice.

The irony in "trusting my life" right now is my LCP jambs more than anything I have. But, it's what I'm currently carrying. (can't risk printing at work). Took it out again a few weeks ago. Must have jammed or FTF a half dozen times. Maybe it's the ammo, IDK.

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

The irony in "trusting my life" right now is my LCP jambs more than anything I have. But, it's what I'm currently carrying. (can't risk printing at work). Took it out again a few weeks ago. Must have jammed or FTF a half dozen times. Maybe it's the ammo, IDK.

NoBama 2012

I've got the kel-tech p3AT very similar to the lcp and what I've learned (with mine and my friends lcp) is they both don't like cheap ammo or being shot limp wristed.

My Dad gave me a .380 Hi-point and it was a jamming POS. I called the company, sent it to Mansfield and two weeks later, I had it back with a new slide and trigger and they gave me an extra mag. ghost ring sights and some other shwag. It fired great after that until I sold it to help fund my S&W 638.

Its a heavy gun and I wouldnt carry one, but for a plinker, its no worse than a Ruger P95 or a Sigma.

I've seen pics of the slide coming off while firing and breaking a dudes face. They are made out of poured metal, also called pot metal, and the slide is so heavy you can chamber a round by holding the gun muzzle up and swinging it towards the ground. I had a .45 and it jammed regularly. The guy who taught my ccw class had one just to teach people how to clear malfunctions.

I think a proper use of the money you contemplated spending on a Hi-Point would be to stock up on some ammo for the firearms you already have.

Better stock up on some ammo myself. I noticed a couple days ago while browsing wal-mart that the ammo case was damn near empty.

NoBama 2012

My p3at is the same way using cheap ammo I bought some hornady critical defense and it never missed a beat

Polish the feed ramp on the lcp it solved the issue with my tcp.

Yup....and this gun doesnt like to be limp wristed either. Still waiting for mine to have a malfunction, it goes bang and cycles the next round every time.

There just so cheap, thinking of getting one just to add to the collection. Waste of money?

NoBama 2012

It's like buying a Zebco fishing reel. It's cheap and it should work but I don't expect it to last very long.

I still have a C9 and have shot a ton of rounds through it. Cheap yes, heavy yes, loud yes. BUT as long as I use the stock mag. it works great. The high cap. mag on the other hand has some issues.

But for real, mine was just for plinking and so far it's fine.

I was given a C-9 about this time last year. I have put about 300 rounds through it and not one glich. I had a little trouble hitting anything with it so I handed it to my fiancee and she can put all 8 rounds on the target easy-peasy. She really liked it until she shot my G 23 and now the C-9 just gathers dust.

I was given a C-9 about this time last year. I have put about 300 rounds through it and not one glich. I had a little trouble hitting anything with it so I handed it to my fiancee and she can put all 8 rounds on the target easy-peasy. She really liked it until she shot my G 23 and now the C-9 just gathers dust.

I guess I will take it off your hands. You know pay it forward :D