Looking for places to stay at OBX

Beegreenstrings

I don't know numbers yet. But looking for places to stay in OBX.

At this point the new friend and I could take off and go or it could be 6-10 of us.

If you have any experiences there post them up.

Need to stay to the paved areas. The bikes will be making the trips with us. So, Corolla and north is pretty much out of the question.

I'd say Hatteras or Topsail Island would be a good place to stay. A lot of the rentals on TI are secluded from town though with limited restaurants, so expect to drive a little ways the further north you are on the island. Other then that, both are pretty fun and if you aren't set on a date maybe go when schools are back in session, a lot less crowded then.

TI = Topsail Island. It's about 3 hours closer than the outer banks and more secluded. And last September when I was there we saw military planes fly over at least twice a day, it was pretty cool.

Here's a pic from last year when we went down. This was taken from our second story balcony at the condo we stayed at. As you can see it wasn't too busy which made it nice.

DSC00116-1.jpg

Go to Carolina Beach south of Wilmington or better yet, go to Brunswick County and hang out with the normal folk.

But, if you're wanting to be on the OBX, Hatteras is good and honestly, it isn't all that bad at Duck or Corolla where we've stayed the past two times with my family (but the surfing blows).