Saturday 5-26

Hutch

+1. Ideally, you should have virtually no weight on your wrists while riding. Use your legs to clamp on to the tank and use your core/back muscles to hold yourself up, leaving your arms nice and loose. This lets your arms and hands focus on using the front end controls as precision input and feedback instruments. Obviously none of us are professionals in top riding fitness so the ideal body position is pretty tough to maintain at ALL times but its a goal that you should always keep in mind, especially when things get twisty. Tank grip pads such as Stomp Grips or (my personal favorite) Tech Specs can be a big help in proper body positioning if your tank is hard to grip on to.

Twist of the Wrist 2 and Sport Riding Techniques both have great sections on body positioning. The Twist 2 DVD is extremely corny at times, but amidst the camp and is a gold mine of information.

I practiced that a lot today and my hand never fell asleep on me or went numb. It did feel like I just worked out my legs and lower back afterwards but I'm in really good shape... Benefit of being in the military I guess.

I've been reading that book (.pdf) and it has shed light on many things. Some of which I think should be taught at the basic riders course. Never knew that getting on the throttle just a little bit can get you out of certain situations better than braking or closing the throttle.

I've been reading that book (.pdf) and it has shed light on many things. Some of which I think should be taught at the basic riders course. Never knew that getting on the throttle just a little bit can get you out of certain situations better than braking or closing the throttle.

There are different levels of the course you can take. The basic rider course

most people take is the first one where you use their bikes and they teach

you just the basics.

The next level course you ride your own bike and they go into more detail

of advanced riding skills.

There are different levels of the course you can take. The basic rider course

most people take is the first one where you use their bikes and they teach

you just the basics.

The next level course you ride your own bike and they go into more detail

of advanced riding skills.

Which one did you learn the off roading an FZ6 techniques you display on every group ride?

Porter, I don't have time to keep up with all of the e-drama. Guess I need to be filled in. Doesn't matter I thought midget todd was a dick anyway :D

:nothingtoadd:

Edited by SWing'R

Just south of 78 we took 377 I think that's right then picked 555 back up

Thanks. There's a group of riders that are gonna do that run and I told them there's a section to avoid. I just couldn't remember.