Saturday 5-26

Hutch

I'm thinking about a ride on Sunday. Going to run one of my little known favorite loops...

71 to 62 to 41 to 73 to 772 to 104 back to Cbus. Fun route, not a lot of other bikes.

I'm gonna try as hard as possible to wake my ass up for this. If I can't get up, I'll at least post in this thread so you're not waiting for me. Anyone from cbus wanna ride out to zanesville together?

Depending on what part of Westerville you're leaving from we could meet up. I'm in the Easton area - the Shell at Morse and Stelzer could work if you are taking 270 to 70, or the BP just south of 70 on Brice could also work.

Depending on what part of Westerville you're leaving from we could meet up. I'm in the Easton area - the Shell at Morse and Stelzer could work if you are taking 270 to 70, or the BP just south of 70 on Brice could also work.

That Shell would work. I'm right off of Cooper rd, close to IP.

Might have to debug when i get there. Just rode home from work (maybe 9 miles) and my bike and helmet are covered.

Same here, I just got home too, covered with bugs...I ride through wetlands and an animal reserve to get home, plenty of bugs & critters.

I'm out guys.....aaaaaagh!!! So mad!

I've been noticing since the ride to Columbus for Dyno day that occasionally the bike would bog down.....like it wasn't getting fuel. I also noticed that I was only getting around 100 miles to a tank instead of 140. I knew the fuel lines were a little old and dry rotted so I replaced them yesterday.....thought that's where I was losing the fuel.

Rode today for 75 miles or so and the bike was/ is running great but when I put it up for the night I noticed when it was at idle I was leaking fuel. To make a long story short I tore into it and found that when running the fuel pump is leaking around the seam. It's pumping fuel to the engine so it is still running fine.....but it's also pumping fuel on the ground. I figure I could get another thousand miles out of it or another 2 miles.....and the thing is with all the fuel I'm wasting.....I might as well just spend the $167 and buy a new fuel pump.

So there goes my Memorial day weekend as far as riding goes. Should be back up and running by next weekend, I hope. Easy fix.....just annoying and not exactly cheap.

You guys ride safe out there!.....hopefully the drunks are home and the roads are clear.

That Shell would work. I'm right off of Cooper rd, close to IP.

See you there at say, 7:50? It'll probably be better to behave 70 out to Zanesville given that it's a holiday weekend and the cops will out for sure.

See you there at say, 7:50? It'll probably be better to behave 70 out to Zanesville given that it's a holiday weekend and the cops will out for sure.

Yep OSP is out especially heavy in the area between route 79 and route 13 around Buckeye Lake near the rest area. Saw them pulling peeps over there all day long.

I'm out guys.....aaaaaagh!!! So mad!

I've been noticing since the ride to Columbus for Dyno day that occasionally the bike would bog down.....like it wasn't getting fuel. I also noticed that I was only getting around 100 miles to a tank instead of 140. I knew the fuel lines were a little old and dry rotted so I replaced them yesterday.....thought that's where I was losing the fuel.

Rode today for 75 miles or so and the bike was/ is running great but when I put it up for the night I noticed when it was at idle I was leaking fuel. To make a long story short I tore into it and found that when running the fuel pump is leaking around the seam. It's pumping fuel to the engine so it is still running fine.....but it's also pumping fuel on the ground. I figure I could get another thousand miles out of it or another 2 miles.....and the thing is with all the fuel I'm wasting.....I might as well just spend the $167 and buy a new fuel pump.

So there goes my Memorial day weekend as far as riding goes. Should be back up and running by next weekend, I hope. Easy fix.....just annoying and not exactly cheap.

You guys ride safe out there!.....hopefully the drunks are home and the roads are clear.

duct-tape.jpg

duct-tape.jpg

That effin hilarious because that's the first thing I tried. It's still leaking like a sieve. I also thought about JB weld but I don't know if it's a good idea to run it like that or not. Still has duct tape on it right now hahaha

That effin hilarious because that's the first thing I tried. It's still leaking like a sieve. I also thought about JB weld but I don't know if it's a good idea to run it like that or not. Still has duct tape on it right now hahaha

The adhesive in duct tape dissolves in gasoline. You might be able to take the fuel pump gasket out and wrap it in teflon tape (the yellow type) to help it seal, if I am understanding the problem correctly.

That was an awesome ride. I no longer feel like a rookie after that journey of twisties. Although next time I'm going to stay out of the corn fields. I like corn but not that much. Wish I had that moment on video to see what it looked like.

Looking forward to the next time.

That was an awesome ride. I no longer feel like a rookie after that journey of twisties. Although next time I'm going to stay out of the corn fields. I like corn but not that much. Wish I had that moment on video to see what it looked like.

Looking forward to the next time.

Glad you stayed upright, and as long as you know what you did wrong so it won't happen again, you just became alittle better rider from that experience

Just got home. Great ride as always guys. Leaving at 7:50 and got home at a quarter after four - longest riding day of the season so far! I'm completely wiped out...going to crank the AC and pass out in front of the tv for a while.

Hutch, maybe you should see if R&G or Competition Werkes or someone makes one of these compatible with 1000rr's:

cowcatcher.jpg

• Upvote 1

longest riding day of the season so far! I'm completely wiped out...going to crank the AC and pass out in front of the tv for a while.

plus one to this, i had 320miles on the clock when i pulled back into the driveway