Vacation Delima

mango_sv

So I have a good friends wedding that I will be heading to in July in SC. 700 miles one way. I'm gonna need my Jeep, so I'll be trailering the bike down. Problem is, it's gonna be scorching hot down there, as always, and there is 40 mile long by 20 mile wide lake just down from where I will be staying. So how do I get all of this, down to SC? And don't say buy a truck!

IMG-20120525-00243.jpg

seriously...put the bike in the back of the boat it should be pretty easy. We actually put my dads Electra Glide in the back of our boat a couple years and that was a pain in the ass

Where are you going in SC? I've been there in July and if it comes down to 1 or the other, take the boat.

on that note, leave the bike at home and take the boat. I pretty much hate anything over 90* so its a no brainer to me boat over bike. Hell it hit 90* before I drove back from the SC coast at 10am yesterday

Depending on the weight the trailer hitch is made for, and how heavy the trailer is try to rig something like this with your boat trailer behind it. I know I have seen rv's that have some attachment like that so you can bring your motorcycle and car.

aeee8121-cf5b-abe6.jpg

On a side note this guy is fucking awesome.

aeee8121-cf98-c12d.jpg

Edited by DirtDee675

I'm going to Columbia. Near Lake Murray. Gonna be there a week, so both toys would be nice. Taking the seats out isn't an option. They are back to back layout seats and are bolted from the underside by a carpeted in frame. Hitch is a factory Jeep hitch. Prolly 500 lb tongue weight. Thought about a hitch hauler, but with the bike being 460 alone, plus the trailer tongue being heavy enough that I don't like to hand lift it, I'm thinking it would be a little much. Renting a boat is an option, but a pontoon is 300 bucks plus gas for 8 hrs. I could tow my own down for cheaper. Plus go faster and use it all week.

Solve it the American way fuck logic just get a bigger trailer to haul the boat trailer and strap the bike down with the extra space. Problem solved :lol:

On a side note if your the only one going see if the bike will fit in the back of the jeep. I'm sure you've got some factory tie down points back there.

i dont see why not....hes got an SV, its not like hes putting a full dress harley up there

he would have to get creative with the tie downs, but its doable....long strap running down to the frame of the jeeps, and once secure just put some type of pad or foam wrapped around the ratchet mechanism so it doesnt rub against the jeep paint

a wheel chock isnt "necessary" ....ive strapped bikes down plenty without one....yea theyre nice, but you dont need one

biggest issue would be actually getting it up there...but if youre creative you can make up some kind of ramp or something to do it....then toss the ramp in the boat and take it with you to unload down there