Mid Ohio Twilight - June 16th

APCh8r

Was seeing if anyone was thinking about going to the twilight event at Mid Ohio on June 16th. This event is ran from 5pm till dusk (usually cut at 8-830). Cost is $150, and is designed only for intermediate and advance riders as they run two 30 minute sessions. If I can get the money for it I would like to make it as I have not been to Mid Ohio this year and I will be starting my new gig at University of Cincy on July 9th so I will not be riding for a bit afterwards.

If you are going please post up and what group you are signing up under, along with bike description if I don't know you.

Thanks,

Nick

every twilight i've ever been to it has rained or was a wet/drying track...

thank you for ruining it for everyone else...what about the time you wrecked in the carrousel, wasn't that a twilight:p

Edited by APCh8r

It is a combined group every session. It isn't split in 30 minute sessions... The splits are for stopping to refresh and refuel. Both I and A are combined together...

Also, a VERY important note is that for "I" riders, this is an event that you need a minimum of 4 track days at the "I" level. The last one I did last Sunday was containing quite a few "I" riders that shouldn't have been out there. This is a higher, more advanced pace.

But, both levels running the whole time with breaks at the top and bottom of every hour...

It is a combined group every session. It isn't split in 30 minute sessions... The splits are for stopping to refresh and refuel. Both I and A are combined together...

Also, a VERY important note is that for "I" riders, this is an event that you need a minimum of 4 track days at the "I" level. The last one I did last Sunday was containing quite a few "I" riders that shouldn't have been out there. This is a higher, more advanced pace.

But, both levels running the whole time with breaks at the top and bottom of every hour...

Yeah the twilight I ran last year, I wasn't even the slowest out there, there were some real real slow guys/gals that should probably not have been there.

Actually I saw this at MS last event at Nelson too, some guy running Friday night ran me right off the track going into 4. I put it back on the track and called it a night since it was last session lol.

Nick, Im not 100% out for this, just need to really see what's going on this month in relation to the wedding since I definitely want to run MS at Beaver end of the month.

As always, I will keep you updated.

PS The twilight we ran last year was awesome, no rain, sun, and I don't think any red flags at all.

Obviously you didn't read....this is a Saturday Twilight event:D

Got me, not sure which month I looked at.

NVM, and good to know and will cross all of these events off the consideration list. I was concerned about the A/I combo but when you mentioned 30 minute sessions, I got all optimistic that A/I would be split.

I've wanted to do one of these for some time now, and have run in I for 3 seasons at Nelsons and BR. But I've hesitated since I haven't been to MO since my very first track day back in spring of 08. Is there anyone at these twilight events that can show me the line or would I be doing everyone a disservice by showing up and possibly running slower than I should be while trying to learn the course?

I've wanted to do one of these for some time now, and have run in I for 3 seasons at Nelsons and BR. But I've hesitated since I haven't been to MO since my very first track day back in spring of 08. Is there anyone at these twilight events that can show me the line or would I be doing everyone a disservice by showing up and possibly running slower than I should be while trying to learn the course?

Get with longdog racing on here. He CR's up there, or gixie750, or any AFJ CR, they are all more than willing to give a tow. Also Apch8r has a friend that CR's too, dude was fast and helped me out a few laps until I couldn't keep up last year lol.

But the answer is yes, the CR's there will absolutely help you out, just ask at the riders meeting.

I'm out for this, I have a car show I have to judge that my dad is putting on, but not entering, so we have a group of judges and I'm one.

Looking good. Got a cameo of my buddy passing you on my RC8. Looks like he waited for a pack of riders and you got them all. NICE MOVE!!! I gotta quit letting buddies ride my stuff!

Just kidding... Mike hasn't been on a bike for about 2 years and was flying once he sorted out the GP shift pattern.

Ya he looked good! If you noticed once he passed me going down the back I tried to pull up to him and braked a bit late and ran wayyyy out to the edge of 7--got the heart pumping a bit!

Yeah, that wouldn't be advised in trying to out brake him. He's getting refreshed, but he was an AMA racer back in the day. He's probably one of the most naturally gifted riders I have ever been around. MX, SX, GNCC, road race, etc. Anything two wheels, he rocks.