Right place for a dealership rant?

Beegreenstrings

Feeling giddy and had time to burn before a date the other day, so I stopped by John Henderer Honda. Taking a look around they had a display with the new stock cbr1000r cbr1000 repsol and the 20 Ann Ed cbr1000rr.

Curious I looked the Anny over good. Guy talked to me a bit. Then as I was leaving I got a burr in my azz. I asked for a salesman got a saleswoman. Not that matters, if she is not a dumbass!

I asked how much? 13780.00

Out the door? No, plus tax

Take 13k out the door? 13780.00 plus tax you can take it out the door!

Have a good day.

I called a few other shops and I have found the the Honda shop located in Heath Ohio is a joke! I mentioned being part of Ohioriders.net to a guy from Honda northwest and he was even going to give me a discount for that and the fact I took the riders course! I was no shit. He laughed and asked if I still wanted to make the 13k offer because he believed he could get me out the door cheaper.

That's the end of my story/rant. I just know now not to go back to henderence Honda for nothing beside a pipe reamer!

I know I know! It's petty and ridiculous, maybe I was having a bad day? Maybe I was stressed? But, felt as if it was a fucking joke from the moment that lady opened her mouth.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I've had a negative experience there as well. When I was new to riding, I stopped there to get all of my gear. The 12 year-old Tap-Out tuff-guy and his buddy thought it was super funny to try to sell me ridiculous items.... obviously screwing with the Newb. I have a solid temper and can control myself (learned that bouncing in college bars for 3 years), but I was close to snapping.

Screw Hinderer. Strange that I've never seen any positive stuff posted on here about them.

Honestly, sounds like you were looking for a confrontation from the get-go.

Did you think your charm would cause the salesWOMAN to give you a better deal than a guy? (Edit: Sorry, misread the OP. Thought you requested a woman specifically...).

Nevertheless, there are better deals out there.

Did you REALLY have any intention of buying? If she had said "Yes" to the $13k, would you have been picking your date up on a new bike?

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

I gotta say that Hinderer is a dealership that runs under a car dealership mentality. Thus, it is going to be shitty when compared to most motorcycle based dealerships. If that makes sense...

I used to deal with those guys on a regular basis and they were always saying how they were going to set the world on fire and be one of the biggest and best shops in the state. Well, guess what? That never panned out and in fact, the way they perceive things is so far off base and so far away from the norm that you would get from a true motorcycle dealer that if not fixed or remedied, they are going to either be a dealer that just gets by and a tax write off for the car portion or they are going to just fold or sell.

Honda only is a bad idea anyways. But, add in the fact that they have a car mentality and it makes it worse. Now, will they have moments where they exceed others in price, etc? Sure. They all do. But, it is about consistency and these guys are constantly doing poorly...

HNW is a MUCH better choice. Talk to Dave there and tell him I sent you and you'll get the best deal. If they do not work, I can help ya find a solid Honda dealer that will be the best price, but honestly, I like it when locals buy locally and HNW would be great as when you need service, they will get you sorted much better than if you buy it a good bit of ways away and then bring to them...

Honestly, sounds like you were looking for a confrontation from the get-go.

Did you think your charm would cause the salesWOMAN to give you a better deal than a guy? (Edit: Sorry, misread the OP. Thought you requested a woman specifically...).

Nevertheless, there are better deals out there.

Did you REALLY have any intention of buying? If she had said "Yes" to the $13k, would you have been picking your date up on a new bike?

I gotta agree here also. Some sales people are good at what they do and if you were showing signs of being a tire kicker and essentially a waste of effort, deals ain't gonna happen. It's all how you approach the deal and what you ask that can indicate that you are serious or not...

And no ysr no where even close to being confrontational based.

so are you buying it????? tire kicker! lol

I was very serious about it! However, my insurance agent gave me qoute that I could not handle! So probably will be looking at used, I guess. Already having a 996 on there and adding the 1000rr did not do me any justice. But the quote with just the 1000rr was worse by itself?

At least I got a cool hat for riding it at northwest.

I wa kind of confused that no matter what model you take the price is the same?

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Any good sales person understands that people can be sold on things. If someone told me $13K out the door and I could make $0.37, and my other option was standing around waiting on the deal of the century, I'm selling it.

I've bought most my things dealing with great sales people, who were willing to work with me up front. Anyone who gives me a shitty attitude, I can buy your products somewhere else, kick rocks :).

Similar experience at Ohio Motorcycle when looking for my new Strom. The sales guy stuck to MSRP like glue and wanted to charge me destination and assembly fees. Would not budge a penny. "The tsunami has made these bikes difficult to get? Oh well, no deal then.

Went to Ask on the east side and offered $1k less that Ohio Motorcycle were demanding. Told 'em I was paying cash. Damn near broke my arm snatching the money out my hand. So, a 20 minute drive and an indignant sense of not wanting to get pushed around by a salesman = $1k saving me for me on an identical brand new bike.

after i got my quote of $2200/yr for full coverage on my XX, I said forget full coverage, I'm paying cash for my toys and liability so I'm legal...

$100/yr for all 3 of the bikes in the garage

I pay $250/yr comprehensive on my v-strom (which is not *quite* as fast as yours, I don't think... ;)). That includes the bike, accessories and a token amount of medical coverage.

I pay $250/yr comprehensive on my v-strom (which is not *quite* as fast as yours, I don't think... ;)). That includes the bike, accessories and a token amount of medical coverage.

i pay $147 a yr for 2 bikes and 2 quads comp with 2 riders, but mine are a bit older