Looking for a fishing hole

grapesmuggler27

I was fishing at a private pond that had great cats and lrg and sm mouth it, but told last weekend they didn't want anymore people fishing there. Its a shame, was a great place to fish, my 5 year old daughter hooked a roughly 18-20" large mouth last weekend but her little "snoopy" pole didn't have the line test to bring it in. I got to see him breech once which is why i knew roughly how big he was. It was really cool. I pulled some 20"+ cats out of there several times. I guess the husband died and they threw his ashes in the pond, and planted some flowers on the bank. the neighbors had given us permission with permission from the owners, but since the husband died the wife doesn't want anyone fishing it. I'll be watching this thread to see if there is anything on the East side worth fishing I can take my daughter to.

Don't have a boat, just looking for some shore line fishing with my 6 year old little girl

Good meeting you last night, i take my boat to Buckeye often and we usually do pretty good on cats. See people fishing from the boat docks off 79 all the time and they are usually catching fish.

OX Bow road around Hoover on the west side used to be the spot. I also used to fish the river below the dam there. Aside from that there are some deep pools along the Rocky Fork creek, or at least there were 15 years ago that held some 10-16 inch rock bass and perch. With all the houses around those areas it has damaged a lot of the small streams and destroyed the farm ponds that used to be all over the place around New Albany. Sad to say I wouldn't eat a fish from Ohio waters anymore. And that's the only reason I used to fish. Kind of like hunting deer when they're inedible, what's the point? :(

For kid fishing, nothing beets chestnut ridge off of 33 on way down to Lancaster. Drop some hotdog on a hook and you instantly have away bass or bluegill. Kids only though.

For kid fishing, nothing beets chestnut ridge off of 33 on way down to Lancaster. Drop some hotdog on a hook and you instantly have away bass or bluegill. Kids only though.

I will have to keep this in mind!! My little ones friend who lives next door came home this afternoon and she was out playing with them. I asked "wanna stay and play with your friends or go fishing" she replies "GO FISHING!!!!" I love kids!

Depends on what kind of fishing you want to do. The Licking River is full of good spots, and it's full of small mouth, catfish, saugeye, crappies. I fish it quite a lot, from Utica out to Dillon Dam.

So does Big Walnut Creek and below the o'shaughnessy dam in the Scioto river.:cool: