Rider Down - Cinci

ScubaCinci

On my way into work this morning I encountered a bike wreck on I-75 south at Hopple street. I didn't see it happen but came upon it as the rider and drivers were moving the bike off the road so I'm not sure what happened. The good news is, the rider appeared to be OK. The neat part (for me) is that I happened to be running video this morning, testing my GoPro and caught the aftermath on vid. Here is a screen grab.

If anyone knows the rider, I'd like to hear that he really is OK.

I almost had an incident of my own...

After I got home from work today, I ran up to the grocery store to grab a few items. It's only 8 miles round trip. On the way back, it's a 4 lane road, speed limit 45mph (I was doing 50) and traffic was moderate. A van was in the right lane, I was next to him in the center lane (his left). He signaled to turn right into an apartment complex and slowed to turn and some asshole in a piece of shit Chevy Cavalier pulled out from the same apartment complex making a left turn. I saw them pull out, they never even made a complete stop to check for traffic.

I had to jam on the brakes, locked up the rear wheel and fishtailed a bit...meanwhile the jerk decides he made a mistake so stops dead in the road across both lanes. :wtf: I was able to stop about 3 feet short of hitting him. I just shook my head, pointed to my eyes and pulled around the front of them. There was a line of cars behind me so I have no clue why the idiot thought it was safe to go, regardless if he saw me or not. I was lucky I wasn't rear-ended. I was wearing full gear but that doesn't help if you get run over :rolleyes:

Live to ride another day!

Anden and I are driving through Cincy now and there are some serious fucktards driving! How do you not have road rage down here? Lol

I won't ride my bike through Cincy. I go around on 62.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Not running the gopro then?

I view running my gopro like wearing my helmet - every time, no question.

I wish I had...I wasn't all that thrilled with the tank mount so I wanted to come up with an alternate mounting point. I didn't have the time to mess with it after I got home before I ran up to the store. Plus, the battery was about done.

I wish I had...I wasn't all that thrilled with the tank mount so I wanted to come up with an alternate mounting point. I didn't have the time to mess with it after I got home before I ran up to the store. Plus, the battery was about done.

I use the helmet mount with the 3m tape - works like a charm, no vibration. Lots of weird stares from people though.

Yeah, that's where I had it originally. Was trying to avoid the head drag.

Head drag sounds like something you'd get in a Brazzers video.

or so I hear... :cool:

I don't get the drag effect because my windshield is the size of a sheet of drywall.

• Upvote 1