Need my front tire put on, know any places around Akron?

gergzla

Title says it all, I dont have a stand yet so its gonna be on my bike.

Don't wanna go to state 8 because I'll probably get raped in price.

But does anyone know of any place here around NEO/akron area that does tires and are reputable?

Thanks Guys

Hammad tire on east market. Went to them for years before I moved to massillon. $25 to mount and balance off the bike. No point in paying more at a duc shoo, changing a tire is pretty idiot proof and its literally all these guys do at Hammad.

Hammad tire on east market. Went to them for years before I moved to massillon. $25 to mount and balance off the bike. No point in paying more at a duc shoo, changing a tire is pretty idiot proof and its literally all these guys do at Hammad.

EXCEPT ducrx charges ON the bike what most shops charge OFF the bike...

don't let the name fool you into thinking his prices are anything but reasonable.

So now instead of balancing your bike on some cement blocks, throwing your wheels in your car, driving over to the shop, waiting forever, paying the same amount, driving home, fighting with your wheels, careful not to knock it over, double checking your torque settings, firming up the brakes, tightening the chain, double checking they put the right air pressure in, and then test riding... you simply ride over to pauly's, shoot the breeze for a few minutes while he does all the work, when he's done you pay the man, hop on your bike and go ride...

Edited by magley64

don't let the name fool you into thinking his prices are anything but reasonable

this. All the work he has done on my VFR in the last year would've been 2x the price minimum anywhere else and done by less capable mongoloids

don't let the name fool you into thinking his prices are anything but reasonable.

So now instead of balancing your bike on some cement blocks, throwing your wheels in your car, driving over to the shop, waiting forever, paying the same amount, driving home, fighting with your wheels, careful not to knock it over, double checking your torque settings, firming up the brakes, tightening the chain, double checking they put the right air pressure in, and then test riding... you simply ride over to pauly's, shoot the breeze for a few minutes while he does all the work, when he's done you pay the man, hop on your bike and go ride...

I guess if you are completely worthless as a mechanic you could have someone else do the work. I highly doubt he does it for less than $25 on the bike tho. I always prefer to do as much work on my bike myself. It brings me closer to the machine and gives me a deeper understanding of how its put together. I guess not everyone has a jack and a socket set handy. I grew up wrenching on my own shit as a kid, sometimes I take it for granted that everyone else did too.

I highly doubt he does it for less than $25 on the bike tho. I grew up wrenching on my own shit as a kid, sometimes I take it for granted that everyone else did too.

I don't recall if it was 25, but IIRC it wasn't much more than that, and it gives me more riding time...

I actually bought a set of spoons, and a balancer because i had planned on doing my own tires, but honestly, it just wasn't worth the headaches for me. I tried it once, and by the time i bought the weights, stressed over bending the brake rotors, broke the bead 3 times trying to find a better balance on the wheel, and screwing around most of the day, it was just easier to go to someone like Pauly who has the equipment there to do it right (no mar machine), and doesn't charge an arm and a leg to do it.

On the whole, I agree with you, I do my own chain and sprockets, my own clutch, my own brakes, my own tune up, and my own fluid changes, but tires just suck.

I guess if you are completely worthless as a mechanic you could have someone else do the work. I highly doubt he does it for less than $25 on the bike tho. I always prefer to do as much work on my bike myself. It brings me closer to the machine and gives me a deeper understanding of how its put together. I guess not everyone has a jack and a socket set handy. I grew up wrenching on my own shit as a kid, sometimes I take it for granted that everyone else did too.

I'm probably just special but I think it was $50 on the bike to mount both my tires last summer. I also had him to do other work since the R/R was out. I could do most things on my own, but in the end I send it to Pauly because its cheaper for me and better that he does it right the first time instead of ghetto rigged like I would probably manage

Another option (sorry pauly) might be manual motorcycles on tallmadge. They are a bunch of nice guys and are always willing to help you out.

if you take your bike there you better be absolutely desperate to get it done yesterday. I've only ever heard of bad experiences out of them and they also have no clue how to properly dyno a bike. my only experience was with trying to buy parts and that was awful as well

if you take your bike there you better be absolutely desperate to get it done yesterday. I've only ever heard of bad experiences out of them and they also have no clue how to properly dyno a bike. my only experience was with trying to buy parts and that was awful as well

Yeah I haven't heard great things about manuel either. Never been there myself so this isn't from personal experience, just things I've heard from a few people. If you're in NEO, definitely go to Pauly. He does great work and is very reasonable.

As an aside, I didn't know Hammad did motorcycle tires but I've had tires put on multiple cars there and they've always done right by me.

• Upvote 1

pauly it is, thanks guys!, you have all been so Damn helpful, now I just gotta get off my lazy ass and call the man :)

you can wait a few days. He's currently riding down to Deals Gap and is gonna be there with us til Sunday or Monday