Have fun at the gap

Exarch

Stay safe guys and gals, I don't want to hear about any bikes coming back all banged up. For those new to the gap(dragons tail) it would probably be a good idea to do a pass or 2 at a slower speed to make sure the roads are clear and to familiarize yourself with it.

DT is only 11 miles long with 318 curves(which y'all already knew) so don't try to ride at an uncomfortable pace, if you fall behind no biggie, it isn't worth going in too hot in 1 of 318 turns just to play catch up.

Good luck, have fun, stay safe and enjoy your trip :)

the dragon sucks, never even went on other than in the truck at 5am on my way down

^this!

Worst road in the area traffic wise, cop wise and road condition wise. Never rode it this time except in the truck in and out. Did 500 miles on a bunch of great roads. I can't believe some guys go down there and only run thr Dragon back and forth all day. :rolleyes:

^this!

Worst road in the area traffic wise, cop wise and road condition wise. Never rode it this time except in the truck in and out. Did 500 miles on a bunch of great roads. I can't believe some guys go down there and only run thr Dragon back and forth all day. :rolleyes:

That's why when I went it was during the week 0 cops and very little traffic.

That's why when I went it was during the week 0 cops and very little traffic.

there was a fatality wed or thurs and there will always be stepped up presence the days following

^this!

Not sure how that is? Road condition was fine. The cop has sat there everytime I've been there but he doesn't bother anybody. Only traffic was some slower groups of bikes that we always found a way to pass. The few of us that go to really just ride the gap do it because that is the ride we like, fast tight corners. We have the same type roads here in Coshocton as the roads surrounding the gap but we don't have a road like the gap so no real point in us driving 8 hours to ride roads like what we have here ;)

Come with us on a Coshocton ride sometime and you'll understand. Wasn't digging the slower paced group rides that's why we did our "spirited" rides with the 3 and 4 of us. You really need to come out here and go with us once and you'll understand why we just go for the gap

I enjoy the gap for what it is. While its not my style of riding, It was still fun. I rode it twice on thursday. Once about 330, a second time about 630 ish. The second time the place was empty. It was amazing. The road was in great shape, and I loved it.

The first time I rode on the Tail of the Dragon was at night. We did the Cherahala (sp) Dragon loop as soon as we got settled in. We decided to hit the dragon on the way back to get used to the area first. We had plenty of time to do it in the day time when we left but we didn't account for the great views and picture stops we ended up taking. So when we hit the bottom of the dragon the sun had started to set. That's one interesting road to ride when its too dark to look through the corners and all your head lights are seeing is trees and rock faces.

My two favorite roads there are moonshiner 28 and Wahya road.

My two favorite roads there are moonshiner 28 and Wahya road.

The pavement on Waylah rd sucked. They grooved it for rain. Very rough compared to the other roads in the area. Compared to Ohio roads, it wasnt too bad though. :D

Can I get an "Amen" for GA-60?

you can get a "fuck that shit" from me

but seriously, it was an awesome road...my head just wasn't in it after I blew that first corner so i had to back way off :o

I like riding 129' date=' but I prefer to do it after 5 pm. Usually, I'm just too damn tired to consider it.

Now, you want to talk about fucking epic rides? Can I get an "Amen" for GA-60?[/quote']

Yes, we went and did 60 on our full retard ride

The pavement on Waylah rd sucked. They grooved it for rain. Very rough compared to the other roads in the area. Compared to Ohio roads, it wasnt too bad though. :D

The last half was nuts...kept thinking I had a flat tire, the rear was doing it's own thing back there. Still a great ride. Saturday was a blast.