chicken strips, post em up!

Gixxus Christ!

And just because it's my lunch break...

Isn't tire size also a factor? For instance my 160 is a lot closer to being a U shape, when a 180 is more of a ( shape?

-VanDy

This isn't going to really come into play unless your using a different size than what is made for the rim width.

Many factors are involved, including the tire's profile.

With the crappy dunlop qualifiers that came stock on my bike, I could easily get to the edge without carrying particularly impressive corner speeds. In fact, on more then a few occassions I leaned it beyond the edge to the point where the rear end would step out.

On a proper tire, like a Michelin PR2, I can carry more corner speed, have more grip, and still have a bit left on the edge of the tire in case I need it.

I've got a fucked up set of shinkos on right now, the rear has a....unique wear pattern from a p.o. having the thing on crooked....barely 4 ticks on the right side, 6 on the left....bike came with a set of sticky buns for the track, Dunlop race replicas, but the rear is a 180 instead of 190 and I seriously doubt I would get more than a month out of them on the street.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

Ok, I'll play. Here's a pic of my tire from my Dragon trip last year. Noticed every time I pulled over I smelled burnt rubber and realized it was my tires. Have never melted tires before, probably doing it wrong :) Been trying to work on body position so as to not have to lean so far into corners. Second pic is me trying to keep up with the guy on the Wing. He is a Precision Riding Instructor and rides that Wing better than most people I know with sport bikes, really made my first trip to the Dragon an unforgettable one, and showed me I have allot to learn. Had and old GS750 way back that I would have to hang off of to corner, but for some reason it doesn't come as naturally with the VFR...maybe getting old :rolleyes:

2011-09-28_12-57-33_300.jpg

37Sep292146.jpg

Ok van, for a minute it looked like you were being some kind of track boy snob or something.

Nah, douche bag maybe :) lol Just wanted to make sure it wasn't being thrown out as a measurement of skill...

-VanDy

So lack of 'chicken strips' on a street bike means you're a better rider?

-VanDy

No, it just means you don't live in Western Ohio. :lol: Well that or you are that guy who rides around the clover leaf at I70 and I75 all day. :D

photo-7.jpg

Alzheimer has more remaining on his, but he rides faster, smoother and better than me. So there is nothing to the chicken strips as every already stated here. I am trying to lessen the lean now as per his advice. I dont see him throw his weight around too, he just turns and quick too.

i have some decent chicken strips on my tires... i dont really care though, i got nothing to prove.

the vast majority of my riding is in straight lines around town anyway. plus, i dont really try to get down on public roads. i just like to enjoy the ride :)