chicken strips, post em up!

Gixxus Christ!

Let me clarify what I mean by twist. I ride nutt to tank. BEFORE the turn, I get my body in the position I want to go through the turn using. My position is to move one butt check off the seat and slightly forward. I think of it as having the pivot point just where the tank and seat meet. I'm still hanging off some and I still use my opposite leg to help hold on the bike. I fully agree that light on the bars is very important to going fast. I don't recommend doing anything mid turn.

Keith code mentions in the "Twist II DVD" to get one butt check off the seat. One check is enough.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o502/turnone/188452.jpg

See in this picture how I am off and leaned forward. This is what I consider pivoting. Easy for me to rotate around the bank of the tank = easier to ride fast longer.

Chris

Edited by turnone
link

Let me clarify what I mean by twist. I ride nutt to tank. BEFORE the turn, I get my body in the position I want to go through the turn using. My position is to move one butt check off the seat and slightly forward. I think of it as having the pivot point just where the tank and seat meet. I'm still hanging off some and I still use my opposite leg to help hold on the bike. I fully agree that light on the bars is very important to going fast. I don't recommend doing anything mid turn.

Keith code mentions in the "Twist II DVD" to get one butt check off the seat. One check is enough.

See in this picture how I am off and leaned forward. This is what I consider pivoting. Easy for me to rotate around the bank of the tank = easier to ride fast longer.

Chris

I will have to watch dvd again. I think you have misinterpreted something.reason being we (California sbk ) don't teach nutt to tank twisting . Too close to tank is actually a thing we correct in level one steering drill . Also in the pic u supplied your upper body is crossed up .meaning your spine angle is opposed to the direction your going putting your head in the center of the bike along with your upper body . Note your inside arm is almost straight and looks stiff as well.

I will send a pic to Craig and have him post it so you can see the difference.

Chris

I think I see.sparks in that picture

I surely don't want to imply my method is textbook. And never meant to imply KC teaches nutt to tank. Just saying that is how I ride on the street.

It is just what works for me. I hang upper body further only if required which isnt my normal street technique. I'm too old and out of shape to ride textbook :)

I surely don't want to imply my method is textbook. And never meant to imply KC teaches nutt to tank. Just saying that is how I ride on the street.

It is just what works for me. I hang upper body further only if required which isnt my normal street technique. I'm too old and out of shape to ride textbook :)

Well I rode crossed up for years and now that California sbk has fixed my body position I'm not fighting the bike and it takes a lot less effort to ride . We coach 15 sessions on a normal day and if they hadn't taught me to lock on with the outside leg I wouldn't be physically able to last that long. I'm 40 ,James Toohey a level 4 coach is 45 and Jon groom another level 4 coach is older than dirt .

If your fast now then fixing up that body position will make you really Effin fast .

I sent Craig a few pics of Jon & James so u can see the difference when he posts them.

I would love to see you out at the school cuz I know these guys can help anyone . Hell James taught a world super bike rider last season .

• Upvote 1

Great information and appreciate the discussion. Pics are from different angle so hard to see seat/butt position but of course they look great. I'm willing to try the other ways, I normally only ride with head and shoulders out on track, which has been 10 years ago, excluding mini bike racing this year. Hardly ridden since then until this riding season. Happy to be back in the game.

School would be great, maybe I can make that my bday gift next year.

Chris

I guess I'll play, this is tires fresh from the Deals Gap trip last weekend.

As for the riding form discussion. I forget the saying, but I put my head over the inside mirror and tit to the tank.

Front

picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=16215

Rear

picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=16216

Edited by dustinsn3485

This turned into a very informative thread! That is a rarity around here! :lol:

From what I'm hearing, if Chris were to refine his body position he would be faster than fast, and the fast riders that I know say he's fast? :eek:

As for my chicken strips, they be a cluckin'! Went on the CSBA ride Saturday down through Hocking and the bike was all over the place. I think it was a tire pressure thing, I'm dealing with a tire gauge that I'm not sure I trust here recently. Even with that, and my total lack of confidence after a bad section of road, factoring in "closer to correct" body position instead of being crossed up, I think I was much better off than last year. I just need to get my confidence back up, and sort out the (possible) tire issue and I should be good.

I'll post pics later, but I'm sure they don't count, since I ride a 250. :D

Heres something I heard that would help you ride faster. If you are turning left for example try to make that left elbow point straight out from the bike. That will pull your head behind the mirror, then just slide one cheek off the seat.

Not sure about the validity of that statement though.

Edited by Jester_

I went out to G&J Kart Track Sunday and ran my NSR50 and NSF100 (after swapping the handlerbars on the NSF). My race body position is much closer to 'textbook' than my street position is. I'll work on my street position as I surely wouldn't mind going faster.

Chris