My new whip

vw151

• 2 months later...
Nice rebuild! Gotta love a scoot that can bury its own speedo:D. Whitewalls give it a cool retro appeal, oh wait.....it IS retro

Good work

My favorite thing about how "retro" it is, is that it's a 2-stroke that is bigger than they can legally sell here since 1987.

Nice ride. I didn't realize there's a law concerning 2-stroke displacement. I remember seeing the 150cc 2-stroke Stella recently, so maybe the laws have recently changed?

I'm not sure of the exact law, but the history of the Aero 80 is that it was sold from 1983-1985 (a 125 2stroke was sold in 1985 only) and was replaced by the Elite because of emissions regulations (the elite 50 remained a 2 stroke). These days I only see the japanese scooters being sold in 2 strokes when they are less than 50cc. Not sure about the modern stellas. Zuma 50, 2 stroke, anything bigger, 4 stroke, for example.

Edited by vw151

Got the decals printed and applied today and I dyed the seat black. I think I need to lower the exhaust because I have a slight clearance issue with my fat ass on it but otherwise this thing seems done.

aero80decals_1.jpg

aero80decals_5.jpg

aero80decals_7.jpg

aero80decals_8.jpg

aero80decals_11.jpg

aero80decals_12.jpg

aero80decals_13.jpg

aero80decals_15.jpg

aero80decals_17.jpg

aero80decals_21.jpg