Teach me how to...

Bad324

It's not much different then yourself if she can pay attention and mimic your change of body position. As long as she trusts you (and vice versa) and has common sense you should be fine.

Key points... Mount the bike 1st, her when you're ready and usually left to right as you slightly lean it left for her, her feet shouldn't leave the foot pegs until she gets off, which she does first as you lean left again. Give her an idea of how to communicate while at speed, my wife uses taps of her hand. Smooth shifts and breaking wil help keep your helmets from banging into one another!

Optional are the t-shirt that reads "if you can read this, the bitch fell off" and velcro to keep her on the ble when you pop the clutch.

One of the easiest ways to get a pillion into the ride and putting their body mechanics to work for you is to tell them that their helmet/head always goes to the inside of a turn...in other words if you're going left they put their helmet slightly to the left of yours...so that they can see the turn.

This will keep them neutral, and prevent them from counter-leaning. And, it will keep them focused on the ride.

I ride 2-up a lot, and this works very well.

One of the easiest ways to get a pillion into the ride and putting their body mechanics to work for you is to tell them that their helmet/head always goes to the inside of a turn...in other words if you're going left they put their helmet slightly to the left of yours...so that they can see the turn.

This will keep them neutral, and prevent them from counter-leaning. And, it will keep them focused on the ride.

I ride 2-up a lot, and this works very well.

Trueeee, ask her to look through above your shoulder in which ever direction ur turning. Ton of difference. In vfr specific way, ask to stay close to you through twisty stuff as she might migrate back to grab the handles which makes handling little bit difficult. You will manage very easy as long as she cooperates

Dont over think it or give her a bunch of orders to follow the first few times. Just say hold on and look where we turn. Keep it simple and as she becomes more experienced/comfortable you can have her do more.

Dont over think it or give her a bunch of orders to follow the first few times. Just say hold on and look where we turn. Keep it simple and as she becomes more experienced/comfortable you can have her do more.

EXACTLY. All the advice being given is good, it is just too soon to implement it. Comfort and confidence have to come first.

Don't worry about it.

You're gonna have to sell the bike to pay for the house, or something in the house. Or something on the exterior of the house. Or a new kitchen. Or new appliances (stainless of course). Or carpet. Or ceiling fans. Or basement repairs after the sump pump goes out. Or a new central air unit, or maybe the whole HVAC system. Especially if GF becomes wife.

Have her loosen her hips up a bit and sway side to side at a slow speed and see if she is going to fight you, and if she does tell her to relax and to trust you.

You got game, I'll give ya that - but does this actually work on the ladies??:D

i don't think it was mentioned anywhere but after getting a stomp grip on the bike its a million times better riding with a passenger. also it depends on the girl but some like to put their hands on the hands on the tank to stop them from sliding forward into you.

oh and dont worry about farting on her

The VFR has the grab bars so I think that will help but I get the feeling at first shes gonna be a bit nervous and wanna hold on to me

Grab rails are shit and provide a disconnect between rider and passenger.

If the bike does not have a sissy bar or passenger feels uncomfortable, it is my preference to have the passenger hold onto my belt.

I will loosen my belt a notch or two so they can use both hands on either side of me. This provides a much more secure and stable point of contact.

Lean with the driver, feet up even at lights. One tap on shoulder for attention, two taps on the shoulder/leg for "I need to stop" if you don't have a communication device.

Don't go crazy on the take-offs as it is easy to lift the front wheel and be prepared for her weight to push your junk into the tank if stops are too quick.

Make sure to note any certain rpms where the bike vibrates. Harley's are so good for this but my old Shadow was great for female passenger enjoyment.

Know it may be a bit late, and I'm sure some people already covered this but I am lazy.

With all of my ex's I tell them that what ever way we cornering they need to look over that shoulder. ie. right turn they should look over my right shoulder. Makes it a lot easier for them to keep it in mind with a simple goal like that.

Work out some signals ahead of time too, tell her she can tap you right leg to go faster or left leg if she wants you to slow down. Same for you, think of some basic motions to let her know what your intentions are, such as passing, accelerating, etc. Without headsets there is no way to talk other than hand gestures.

If they are a good passenger you shouldn't (from my experience) feel like they are really there. Just be sure to slow things down and don't be stupid.

Girls aren't very smart, and I'm sure the ones dating you are an extra special breed, so you might want to try stopping and giving them a treat or ball every time they do something right for the first hundred or so miles until they're properly broken in.

:D Love you, ladies!

• Upvote 2

welp went out and everything went better than expected. Even did a couple tamer roads in the Valley and she did everything well and I did better than expected as well. Once I got past me being nervous and her telling me she wasn't nervous anymore it was relaxing and felt almost like riding solo

welp went out and everything went better than expected. Even did a couple tamer roads in the Valley and she did everything well and I did better than expected as well. Once I got past me being nervous and her telling me she wasn't nervous anymore it was relaxing and felt almost like riding solo

this means you're doing it right... it also helps that you have a sport tourer...

Girls aren't very smart, and I'm sure the ones dating you are an extra special breed, so you might want to try stopping and giving them a treat or ball every time they do something right for the first hundred or so miles until they're properly broken in.

:D Love you, ladies!

:lol:

Nice to hear it all went well, especially without the use of duct tape and a ball-gag:D