looking for next bike

NinjaDad

If you're a bigger guy, I was told the 696 will be quite under powered. I was looking at Monsters and was swayed from them for this reason. I never did ride one so I don't know how accurate that is

My wife has a monster 696 & its a nice bike to ride. It is suited to those of small stature though. It's power output is a sufficient 69 horses at the wheel with that L-twin torque. It will do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds & tops out at about 130. The place it really shines is when turned loose on a tight twisty road. What type of riding do you do? If you are considering the 696 you might take a look at the monster 796 or the triumph street triple. The Bonneville sacrifices a bit of sports agility to stick to its retro roots.

I am not going to be a speed demon but plan to do the devils triangle. which I think is harder than tail of the dragon which I like. Some highway running.

I am short and have a disability. The foot controls on the 2011 ninja 250 are about perfect. The feel on the highway is less than desirable so is the power. Justg looking for a enjoyable ride. Must feel stable at interstate speeds

My husband has a Monster S4Rs so a larger bike but the Monster is a blast in the twisties. It's a very confidence inspiring bike and the torque is just plain fun. I agree with a previous post that you should consider a windscreen if you plan on doing a lot of highway rides.

Mary

I love my FZ6, but it may be challenging for you to get on and off. It is a pretty tall bike. The FZ6 is a good all around bike. It does lots of things well, but nothing great. Gear it down one in the front and it is way more enjoyable. I had a blast with it at the Gap.

Maybe FZ6R, they are shorter, but mostly the same bike with the exceptions on the fairings (though I don't like them).

Both have upright feet positions.

Edited by granda080
Forgot something

.02 bonnie.

Harley guys don't give you any shit on a Triumph.

I get crap from the harley guys when I ride my triumph? :D

The duc is nice about the same power wise as the bonnie I think. Two very different bikes though. If it were me I would pick the Duc unless you are not looking for sporting prowess.