skewl me on polaris 250 trail blazers

2talltim

Buddy has one that his girl rides and it is junk. She rides it for an hour and he works on it for four! He bought it brand new as well. Has had major rear end issues its whole life, some minor frint end issues and now the last time they took it out the motor locked up. I would stay away from Polaris, back in my snowmobile days (1994-2000) thats all you would see on the trails broke down.

Buddy has one that his girl rides and it is junk. She rides it for an hour and he works on it for four! He bought it brand new as well. Has had major rear end issues its whole life, some minor frint end issues and now the last time they took it out the motor locked up. I would stay away from Polaris, back in my snowmobile days (1994-2000) thats all you would see on the trails broke down.

Wow, I find that interesting after seeing my friend's experience with his! That thing get ABUSED, even tows cars into the shop with it! He bought it from the auction, partially fixed the transmission (didn't have reverse for years) rode the crap out of it, the a couple years ago finally fixed reverse! The biggest problem I remember him having was the battery going bad and having to pull start it for a couple years!

A friend of mine has a 4x4 Sportsman that runs great, he uses it in the woods and what not to run his traplines.

Another friend has a trailblazer that gets general trail use, probably no harder than the other friends but it has had to have the frame replaced twice, he said the frames are built by the same people that build walmarts lawn chairs, fold up the same and everything. He also said that the dealer that replaced the last frame had eight or ten crumpled up frames behind the shop.

Both of those were around 2000 model year, so things may have improved since then.

I would recomend the 250ex if your wanting the semi auto. The polaris's are junk. I would stay away. I would go with a 300ex if your going to go with a manuel. The 400ex are nice quads but no reverse on the older models.

My first ATV was a 2002 Polaris 500 Scrambler, and it was a great machine for me. Became the wifes when I bought something else for myself, then we sold it to a friend who is still using it. No major problems for any of us. Some great things like the auto-locking front end and bulletproof engine (Mitsubishi?? I forget. Something Japanese).

Trailblazer must be a different ball of wax.

How old are your kids?