Stupid used bike dealers....

Ryan_c_F

The reason we don't like when the loan is paid of early is because the dealer gets charged back, it doesn't hurt your credit paying it off early as much as it may hurt the dealer

What the hell do you know you don't even work at a Honda dealership or drive cool cars.

My J&J story, I went in there to buy a used Bandit, not the curent one. The salesman wanted to know if he could help me and I asked where the used Bandits were that were in the ad. He acted discusted to have to walk over to the garage so I could see them, what a way to treat the first customer of the day, I looked over four of them and and pick one.

I then asked to take a test ride and he snobbily asked if I "really intended to buy and if I even had a license", I looked at the young punk and told him I was licensed when he was still in grade school and showed him 5K in cash. After him showing me his deal and my counter offer I decided to finance 1500 and keep some cash in my pocket.

Deal went thru no problem with good credit and I had them toss in a helmet. Besides the smart ass attitude, then came the worst part, it took me 6 1/2 weeks to get the title and I had to go get it or wait another week for the mail. They have to give you a title or copy to get plates when the 30 day tag runs out, there sits my bike and I can't ride. I went to the licence office to see how to get plates since I wasn't given a title yet and the woman asked "Is the dealer J&J" and I said yes and she handed me a paper to fill out and send to the attorney general's office. She said that I was about the tenth person that month with a problem with J&J.

Screw them, I'll never spend anymore money with them.

A friend of mine went against my advise and bought a Honda from them about a month later and had to wait for his title also.

:rofl: Talk about preconceived ideas.

What? That you don't understand the fees and costs? IF you actually work for a bank, shouldn't you know there are fees associated and that there are doc and license fees, taxes, etc? Really?

I'm calling BS on what you do or do not know...

Again, as mentioned by a few, you come on here and call a dealership dumb asses, have zero clue as to what they do and how they sell bikes or how the average customer comes and desires buying said bikes.

But, you tell us you are a loan officer with apparently the inability to get a loan through your institution and do not have the level of credit needed to be able to get a loan easily.

You making it sound like the dealership is full of ignorant and snake like people is pretty freaking ignorant and silly.

I can't be the only person that thinks this is standard practice for any new/used vehicle store. Your contract should show your loan APR' date=' your financed amount and what the cost is for financing that amount. Nothing is hidden. It's not allowed to be.[/quote']

He never got to that part where he was explained about the break down. He got a payment and interest rate (I do not know a single dealership that via phone are going to break down the fees, taxes, etc over the phone unless asked.

He made an assumption and from his really ignorant rant, I would say he never went in and took a look at anything...

What? That you don't understand the fees and costs? IF you actually work for a bank, shouldn't you know there are fees associated and that there are doc and license fees, taxes, etc? Really?

I'm calling BS on what you do or do not know...

Again, as mentioned by a few, you come on here and call a dealership dumb asses, have zero clue as to what they do and how they sell bikes or how the average customer comes and desires buying said bikes.

But, you tell us you are a loan officer with apparently the inability to get a loan through your institution and do not have the level of credit needed to be able to get a loan easily.

You making it sound like the dealership is full of ignorant and snake like people is pretty freaking ignorant and silly.

1) My institution doesn't loan on motorcycles anymore, and J&J doesn't work with Chase.

2) http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/EntityDetails.aspx/INDIVIDUAL/420332

That's me. I'm federally licensed, and I'm on the underwriting side of things so most of my originator licenses are inactive right now.

Next time you feel like calling me a liar, remember that you don't know me or my business.

You must not know the finance business. Your getting all defensive, yet not realizing you jumped to conclusions and don't know shit about financing vehicles. Maybe if you had better credit you would get a better rate and pay less (fees still involved)

1) My institution doesn't loan on motorcycles anymore, and J&J doesn't work with Chase.

2) http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/EntityDetails.aspx/INDIVIDUAL/420332

That's me. I'm federally licensed, and I'm on the underwriting side of things so most of my originator licenses are inactive right now.

Next time you feel like calling me a liar, remember that you don't know me or my business.

Do you just bank with Chase or work for them. If I recall correctly you can get a personal loan that can be used on most things.

*Small break in the flamming*

Regular banks suck(US Bank anyway). Credit Unions' are the place to go.

I needed a loan for a car and decided to get financing before car shopping. I already had an idea of what i wanted and rough figure of what i was going to spend. So i call my long time bank (US Bank).

Me: I need an auto loan blah blah blah...

Them: Its almost closing time we will let you know tomorow.

Me: OK

*3-4 weeks later*

Over the Phone:

Them: Yaa your approved to get a car loan

Me: You to slow bitches. I went to my credit union and walked out approved in less than a hour with a better rate. And saved points by appling online.

Same story with the bike when i bought it. I gave them another chance and got the same result. Now i am in the middle of refinancing my home with my Credit Union. So now US Bank has lost 2 loans and about to lose my mortage.

Long story short...Fuck yo bank or the dealerships and go to a credit union. Get your money squared away then find or go get what you want to buy. In my experience i always have had a better time with a Credit Union.

*Continue flamming in 3..2..1..*

• Upvote 1

I only finance thru credit unions also. Fuck Chase bank. Horrible conglomo.

There are plenty of good deals on used Magna out there thru private owners. I would never buy a used bike thru a dealer. How can you know anything about the bike if you don't meet the owner?

Rather than a line of credit, see if you can qualify for a straight personal lone. When I was in college, I didn't have a job or co-signer and qualified for a $2k to buy my tools and boxes to get started in my career.

Rather than a line of credit, see if you can qualify for a straight personal lone. When I was in college, I didn't have a job or co-signer and qualified for a $2k to buy my tools and boxes to get started in my career.

THIS

Personal installment loan, then find a smoking deal and pay them cash.

problem solved.

This is true, however if your credit is less than fucking spectacular you're going to get RAPED on the interest rate. I got a $1500 loan in 2001 secured by some computers that I had and ended up with close to 30% on it. My credit at that time was pretty well trashed, and I had close to no income at all, so I took what I could get.