help with a propane small engine

2talltim

Ok I'm over at my dads rocking his big ass 6500watts generator that runs everything, even the a/c. But over at my house (just next door) I have my little 2300watt dual fuel (gas/propane)genny keepin the fridge and freezer cold. Now if I run it with regular gas it runs perfect all day, but I have the hook up on free propane and have been using that. The problem I'm having with it is, it will run perfect for several house then die, when I restart it will run really ruff till the adjust th propane flow set screw just after the self adjusting regulator thing, then it will run fine for a few hours again and repeat. Sometimes I have to turn it in and somtimes out, does anyone know anything about what's going on with this.

I know nothing about propane motors however your description sounds like a fuel flow problem. The propane flow is inconsistent thus the constant need for adjusting. Sounds like a bad regulator on the tank.

I know nothing about propane motors however your description sounds like a fuel flow problem. The propane flow is inconsistent thus the constant need for adjusting. Sounds like a bad regulator on the tank.

There is no regulator other than the vacumm one that self adjust the idle, only thing I can think of is maybe the jet/orfice is patially pluged

There is no regulator other than the vacumm one that self adjust the idle, only thing I can think of is maybe the jet/orfice is patially pluged

Well, if it was a bike I would say pour some seafoam in it. Perhaps there is something similar for propane?

Well it died again this time I took carb cleaner to every orfice, hole, hose basicly anything I could get to with out removing the carb and blew it out with some compressed air. This time when I started it I had to turn the screw WAY OUT! So maybe I knocked something loose.

My first suggestion was to mark the adj. screw and see if vibration was possibly causing it to turn. Don't know if yours runs on vapor or liquid. Some have a converter that converts from liquid to vapor and others have no converter and run off of the vapor port on supply tank. In either case propane by nature produces a gummy,sticky,tary residue. It can plug up orfices. After a long sit it can become somewhat solid. Your spray job possible knocked some loose and restricted something.A good tear down cleaning may be in order. Just a guess on my part.

ok it died again this time I got a closer look at the top of the carb, and there was a crack/hole in the vaccum line that goes to the regulator. So I replaced the line and we will see now. It runs on vapor jerry.