thinking of going back to I-4's.

Gixxus Christ!

It's got 17k and change on it, according to factory service manual the valve clearance should be inspected at 15. Could probably use tb sync, the tps appears to be adjusted correctly. I may need plugs and wires, haven't really dove in there yet. Bike doesnt look too easy to work on, especially the back jug. Looked at the cost of a set of valve shims vs just paying a shop, might as well have my local guy do it. With work as busy as it is (12's and weekends) it may be a while before I get to it. Don't think aftermarket cans on stock header with stock map makes much difference.

It is love hate with this bike, I personally love it with all its inperfections. Sometimes I find myself also thinking about better handleing or smoother power but then again there is just somthing that talks me out of it. Its kinda funny somtimes when I'm running her hard and I hit that little hicup(as I call it) in the mapping and she stubbles and then bucks like a bronco I find myself chuckling and talking to it saying "ok now girl calm down, don't be doing that". It does make my heart skip a beat but sometimes I think that's part of the character I love.

Yeah, I find that hiccup quite often, especially when rolling from half to wot at 7k in 2nd gear....she does kick like a mule. Maybe after I get the tank painted to match the rest of the bike ill see what I can get for her, if I can turn a profit I may sell...one thing is for sure, no more carbs and nothing smaller than a 750.

Lol one minute your giving up on it and selling; 50 minutes later your gonna try a tune up.

Imo i would keep it bc it sounds like your hesitant. However i will say to anyone, there isnt really more smoothness or throttle response in a fi vs carb bike. Call me a liar but ive rode both and felt no difference. If everything is in sync a carb bike will run just as smooth.

Where fi has the upper hand is maintence, easy starts, consistent fuel delivery(even during wheelies), and a few other things im forgetting.

Good luck which ever path you take, a 06 gsxr will be an excellent bike btw... Jus saying

Edited by scottie.harris

Seriously, tune it. I had my SV tuned by Ryan at Schnitz Racing. Great guy, spent almost 5 hours tuning it, with it being on the dyno 4 different times with me taking it on test rides in between pulls. He made sure it was where I wanted it before I left his shop. Best $250 I have ever spent. I've owned this bike since new and now with 40,000 miles on it, it's smoother than ever. Even with the PC3 map for my full M4 exhaust, it was WAY off on the A/F ratio.

Gee nick, tell me how you really feel, then go find the guy that held you down and forced you to read every page of this thread and talk shit to him online like the super-tough guy you are. I started this thread to get some opinions from other people who have owned both v2 and i4 sportbikes. Next time ill just pm you because you obviously have all the answers. Tim, I'm on tlplanet, screen name skullcrusher.

My next bike will also be another I4. I miss the smoothness of my GSXR600 and remember how unexciting my DL-650 is when I take out the wife's Bandit.

In my book smooth and predidcable are unexciting...but everyone has their own taste

I love my big I4, main reason I chose this size bike is the comfort of it for a guy my size. I'm 6ft and 290 so it fit me well. I never liked the thinner V2's since they didnt feel broad enough for me. My ZX is fairly nimble for what it is thanks to Kawi's chassis/engine positions to keep the cg pretty low. After full Brocks system, pc3, and fine tuning its pulling daily at 185ish HP at 112Tq - add good fuel and switch to the drag map and its bested at 192.7hp @ 114.2Tq. Sam, I'd bet you would be VERY happy on a ZX14. Its wet weight is comparable to your TL, but with quite a bit more pull and probably more comfortable too. You can get NICE, earlier model 14's around $6k with tasteful mods so if you could manage $2500-$3k out of your TL you would only need $80/month for a few years to get into one (pending good credit of course:D)

You big shit talking on the internet pussy. Get your brain right in that mole having head and stop being a pussy with a 1997 motorcycle that you have complaints about and buy another. What a waste of Caspers website this thread has been, gawd fucking damn it you bitch! Start acting like a skullcrusher instead of someone that needs assurance from strangers.

:lol: :lol: nick you are god damn hilarious!

• Upvote 1

You big shit talking on the internet pussy. Get your brain right in that mole having head and stop being a pussy with a 1997 motorcycle that you have complaints about and buy another. What a waste of Caspers website this thread has been, gawd fucking damn it you bitch! Start acting like a skullcrusher instead of someone that needs assurance from strangers.
Nick,use this doll to show us where skullcrusher touched you:)

raggedy12.jpg

• Upvote 1

:lol: Had a free night last night with a touch of Jim Beam. My annoyance level was peaking. Had to vent because I couldn't take much more and not say anything. If he didn't always talk shit to others, like I have seen since he joined, I wouldn't have typed one word. He was long over due for someone to talk back to him. Just saying. ;)

Good-luck on your bike search.

• Upvote 1

:lol: Had a free night last night with a touch of Jim Beam. My annoyance level was peaking. Had to vent because I couldn't take much more and not say anything. If he didn't always talk shit to others, like I have seen since he joined, I wouldn't have typed one word. He was long over due for someone to talk back to him. Just saying. ;)

Good-luck on your bike search.

booo it won't let me rep you again!