thinking of going back to I-4's.

Gixxus Christ!

Thanks for the rep ! :woo: Free burritos for you sir!

You too kritz, and the 4 others that did.

woooooooah don't be offering up free burritos if you don't mean it, i have a shitty lean cuisine for lunch today :lol:

Yeah, I find that hiccup quite often, especially when rolling from half to wot at 7k in 2nd gear....QUOTE]

Sounds lean to me.

My hiccup was rich. Could happen both ways. A good TB sync will also do wonders for it. Plus a TRE if it hasn't be already done.

Edited by mango_sv

The hiccup is in the stock map, does it with stock cans, its one of the charming characteristics of the bike. Not saying it couldn't be running rich, it probably is a little. I'm sure zx14 pull like a a sombitch, but IMHO they are buttcrack ugly. I've heard of a tre on the forums, maybe worth looking into.

Mine wasn't stock long enough for me to remember. Less that 1000 miles and it had the PC3 and full M4 exhaust. The TRE definitely helped with the hiccup, didn't happen nearly as much. After the tune, it was pretty much gone. It has only happened a couple times since then, only when its 100+ degrees outside, in town, and the engine toasting at 200+ from stop and go traffic. Even with my tank risers to help get some fresh air in and hot air out at my airbox opening, I know its running rich sucking in that heat off the motor. Ram air on the TL prolly helps combat that a bit though.

I'm sure zx14 pull like a a sombitch, but IMHO they are buttcrack ugly.

OH YEAH, WELL........YOU'RE.....BUTTCRACK UGLY!:cry:

:lol:

Just kiddin', I've heard it a few times from other guys that can't believe how hideous the bike looks to them.......I just tell 'em all the same thing, "no need to puke over the bitch's ugly face when you'll only see the tail of it anyway":D:D:D

Yea the hicup is the stock map, mine still has is too. On the earlier 97 models suzuki offered a optional exchange of the computer, if you didn't want the hicup you could swap it for a different map but basically all thry did was detune it so most opted not to. Then on the later 97s and up they put the detuned map in them, that's why the "truley unrestricted models" as they call them you still have the hicup. Yea its almost sickning how much I know about these bikes history..lol

Sam,

I can appreciate the fact you are trying to diag this as much on your own to save money. I do the same thing. If I can fix it myself I will.

I feel like you are going to keep spinning your wheels and become exhausted in trying to remedy the problem.

Spend $50.00 and take the bike to a local dyno with a good working wide band and get some A/F readings in the trouble areas. Hell I would ask the owner of the dyno to let you ride the bike so you can show him where the problem is.

Unfortunately I am not aware of a data logging solution for you to watch timing when this problem is occurring. Take Mango's advice and get a TRE on the bike. Then report back to us with some A/F readings.

I swear if you were closer I would consider strapping down the bike free of charge just to get some A/F readings. It is a possibility we may not see anything wrong with fueling in the troubled areas. Then again wouldn't it be nice to know if fuel delivery is the problem????

I guess is amazes me at times what people are willing to spend on various accessories for a bike or even the cost of a bike. However when it comes to tuning they would rather have poor ridability or performance then to spend a little more money in getting their bike to run correctly.

Not trying to sound like a salesman here and get you in the door. Sport bike owners are smallest customer base these days. I may be lucky to see 1 to 2 a month. I would like to do more of them simply for the fact that I like them. Harleys make up for 90% of my business now on the bike dyno. However the bike dyno does less then 20% a year of the car dyno. Like I said not trying to sell you on your tune to get your business. I am trying to help you get your bike issues resolved.

I am not telling you that you need to come see me and me only to get your bike fixed. Find a good dyno shop that can get you some solid info to what is going on with your bike.

Mango has said several times how a tune has made his bike run better then it has ever ran before.

Do a search for me on the forum and you will see a number of people reporting back with noticable differences after a tune from me.

So go spend $50.00 bucks on some pulls and think of it as a diag fee to help you find out what the problem is.

I agree with brian 100% and i also know where CSC is coming from. If you look at the dyno of my bike i think that spike at 7500 RPMs in the A/F is where that hicup ussually is. I know a tune would make a would of difference in the way my bike runs. Im just not sure im ready to drop $500-$600 in a PC3, install and tune on a $2500-$3000 bike. Ive rode this thing for so many years this way i am so used to it now.

IMAG0072.jpg

FYI brian i still want to get my truck in to you sometime when i have the cash and time.

Edited by 2talltim

Im just not sure im ready to drop $500-$600 in a PC3, install and tune on a $2500-$3000 bike. Ive rode this thing for so many years this way i am so used to it now.

QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. If you are happy how the bike runs then let it slide. I also agree on the cost of the tune versus the value of the bike....

For the guy with a couple grand in an exhaust or the guy who just spent several thousand on a new motor. I would think the $500-$600 would be worth it. (Harley Guys are in it for a grand for a tune after super tuner and price of the tune.)

So here is an idea Sam. Just go and ride the bike. :)

I disagree with the "tuning cost vs. bike value" situation' date=' to an extent. So what if your TL is only worth a couple grand? How long do you plan to own it and ride it and enjoy it? That's the pressing question. Sure, you may be used to the fuel issue, but why not spend the money to make it run like a champ? Won't that only enhance the ownership/riding experience?

Hell, I was going to have Brian install and custom tune a PowerCommander for my FZ6. I only paid $1700 for it, and it had zero performance mods. I just didn't like the way it felt below 8k rpm, and was willing to spend the money to have a better riding experience. Luckily, I sold the bike and bought a real one, but that's beside the point.[/quote']

i think you need to buy it off of him IP, your driving record has some room for disimprovment...LOL..These bike are pussy cats you could never get in trouble with them.:D You know you want to

I disagree with the "tuning cost vs. bike value" situation' date=' to an extent. So what if your TL is only worth a couple grand? How long do you plan to own it and ride it and enjoy it? That's the pressing question. Sure, you may be used to the fuel issue, but why not spend the money to make it run like a champ? Won't that only enhance the ownership/riding experience?

.[/quote']

Good point..

I guess this more along the lines of how I think.

This is why I took 20k and spent it on a 24 year old mustang just get another 200 wheel hp. :D 600 to 800 wheel.

I don't get it? Dis-improvement?

..and' date=' no thanks on the TL. I've spent enough time in the back seat of the local gestapo's cruisers. :nono:[/quote']

You told me down in Fontana the most trouble you got in to on a bike was on your TL

the TL was the bike I should have been killed on. I'm glad it's gone and I'm glad I've matured as a rider.

Now' date=' that's only because I'm older/wiser. .[/quote']

did you just call me young and dumb?......Thanks:p