Buell Rider killed in Jackson Twnshp

ducatihottie999

Debris scattered throughout the parking lot included a helmet that police believe was strapped to the motorcycle instead of being worn by the man.

Sucks for the rider, but that's one less fairing you'll need to buy for the salvage inspection.

• Upvote 1

single-bike accident, no helmet? seems like this falls 100% on the rider. I have a hard time feeling sorry for him.

Sucks for his family. I hope he was responsible enough to have life insurance. Risking your own life is one thing. Risking your family's future is another.

^truth. And we all act like idiots on our bikes at times. It's only by the grace of God we don't end up like this guy.

speak for yourself.

I rarely, if ever, act like an idiot on my bike, and while "God's grace" or whatever you want to call it may have something to do with my safety, I'm betting the helmet, leathers, and skill-set I have built up over the years have a LOT more to do with my continued survival.

what is up with this fad of keeping your helmet strap to the side of your bike?

I don't get it? Is it supposed to make you look cool or something?

To be fair, I also don't get shorts that hang to your calf, or off your ass and broke ass dirtballs with their wallets on chains.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

what is up with this fad of keeping your helmet strap to the side of your bike?

I don't get it? Is it supposed to make you look cool or something?

You don't want to scratch it when your head hits a pole, do you?

(if I'm being serious though, there are some riders who only wear a helmet on the highway, when wind-speeds are much greater)

speak for yourself.

I rarely, if ever, act like an idiot on my bike, and while "God's grace" or whatever you want to call it may have something to do with my safety, I'm betting the helmet, leathers, and skill-set I have built up over the years have a LOT more to do with my continued survival.

Yeah, I could tell you're one of the flawless few by your posts. I tend to live in the real world where my adrenaline sometimes overtakes my common sense. Sorry for being honest. The day will come where neither your gear or skills-set will be enough, and you will either crash hard or survive for a reason you don't understand. When that happens, come back and we'll talk about the reality of how fragile life is and how fallible we are without all the chest-thumping antics.

• Upvote 1

The helmet strapped to bike thing is usually for the ladies...at least the ones smart enough to demand a helmet before getting on. Feel bad for the guys family but in the words of every pirate I've had the helmet conversation with, "when its your time to go, its your time. A helmet isn't going to save you." Flawless logic.

So, as I do feel bad for the rider's family and friends......we can only blame him for his departure. However, in his defense......the helmet couldn't even save his bike, so what good would it have done on his head?:dunno:

Yeah, I could tell you're one of the flawless few by your posts. I tend to live in the real world where my adrenaline sometimes overtakes my common sense. Sorry for being honest. The day will come where neither your gear or skills-set will be enough, and you will either crash hard or survive for a reason you don't understand. When that happens, come back and we'll talk about the reality of how fragile life is and how fallible we are without all the chest-thumping antics.

He must have been feeling a lot of adrenaline when he decided to strap the helmet to his bike instead of his head.

If he'd made any attempt at at protecting himself, I'd feel bad for the guy, but if he doesn't care about his safety, why should I?