bicycle repair shop?

Steve Butters

anyone know of a decent, but afford bicycle shop? or anyone here know how to work on them that would wanna take a look at mine?

before i knew any better, i bought a pre-built bike from target (its actually fairly nice for a cheap bike...its a schwinn s25 mountain bike)

got it brand new like 2 years ago with intentions of riding it....rode it down the street once, and every time i shift it, the chain pops off

ive been told something needs adjusted, but i cant figure out what to do with it.....hell i had an easier time rebuillding my entire grizzly 600 than trying to mess with this thing....i guess im bicycle retarded....

but im finishing school in 3 weeks, so until i find a better job ill have a little extra time on my hands (i work two part time jobs so i have some spare time still)....i wanna start riding again and getting in shape....i would love to get to the point i can go trail riding and actually enjoy it instead of looking at it like a workout lol

enough rambling......let me know of any places you guys know of please...preferably around the east side of columbus (reynoldsburg, pickerington, gahanna, etc)

http://bicycleone.com/

Stores in Gahanna and Pickerington, and they've always done good, quick service for me even though my services are free since I bought a bike through them. Paradise Garage is also good people, but further from you.

Another option for you, though it won't help you in the next week or so, is to take a short course in basic maintenance. Bikesource (they have a westerville store) has maintenance classes that will show you how to adjust at least your brakes and rear derailleur, among other things. http://www.bikesourcecolumbus.com/clinics.php

thanks for the tips guys!

i think i will call bicycle one in the next week or two and see if they can get it fixed up for me ....being in pickerington is a major perk lol, im very close to there...my address is pataskala, but im not really in pataskala

if i end up riding a lot and get into it like i used to be when i was younger, i will definitely look into that course

i went by my old favorite trail not long ago, only to realize it has been wiped out completely and turned into a boring "road trail"...black top, center lines, etc....such a huge disappointment....used to some nice jumps, thick mud, hills, creek crossings....now its all wiped out and replaced with crap (its over near Easton in the back of a neighborhood....connects Strawberry Farms and Creek Ridge neighborhoods...few miles long trail).....assuming its been turned into part of a larger trail now though

ive seen that place before. from the look of it outside, i always figured thats where all the stolen bicycles ended up lol. good to know its a legit spot :)

enough rambling......let me know of any places you guys know of please...preferably around the east side of columbus (reynoldsburg, pickerington, gahanna, etc)

Bike Doctor in Heath is where I'd take it. They do a good job, they're very inexpensive and never an attitude about cheap bikes there.

Good folks, and close to you.