Quads after track day

donkason

I've run at Mid-Ohio 4 times this year, May being my first time on a track. Each time I ride my quads are in pain the next day from all the work. I ran yesterday and it was the first time on my 750, coming from a Busa, and I was really flying compared to previous days and the quad pain is the worst ever.

Is this my noobness causing me to overwork and burn my legs out or are there things you folks do to condition your legs for this? I do a lot of powerlifting but that is for one rep, not riding all day.

Powerlifting etc won't do anything for this, it's just a different force on the muscles then squatting, leg ext, lunges, etc.

Best option, running or getting a bike.

I'm getting back into biking to lose weight and help with the racing and track days. Normally I'm only sore if I ride 3 days now, used to be 1 day and I was toast.

have a lot more sex

none of that god fearing, conservative christian missionary sex.... do some abominable acrobatic, illegal-in-42-states cirque du soleil sex

If your legs burn the next day after the track you were doing it right, just make sure your upper body doesn't hurt, means your using your arms not legs.

Best thing to do is cycle, I use the hell out of a stationary bike all winter and try to ride my mountain bike when its nice out. Or you could try jbots idea.

I will come to the gym in gear and saddle up in full tuck on the stationary bike while screaming to turn the Techno up MOAR, or have sex while riding.

I'll keep powerlifting since that is another sport of mine, but I'll begin to work endurance work on the cycle afterwards. I would love to run a 2 day next year. As of now when I get off my bike my legs are shaking and later in the day my form goes to shit.

On the bike as I type this closing in on minute 30. I think a heavy resistance and a moderate pace is going to fix me up. I'm pointing my toes in like they are on my pegs and my quads are in fire.

i really think cycling is better than running. I run a lot, but being on the bike is a different kind of sore/tired. Running never gets your legs flexed enough to the position you're in on the bike.

lots of squats with low weight might help. Like sets of 25-50 with 95 lbs..