Elderly concealed carry man thwarts crooks!

smashweights

35 seconds into the video, he appears to be shooting at the guys while they are outside of the business.

I'm sure that's against the law, and hard to claim "self defense" while they're running away.

He should be in prison.

Only if the Jury says so.

The kid did have a gun, as per the story... an old, rusty, nonfunctional one, for sure, but a gun. Old man couldn't have been sure that they wouldn't have fired back at him. He didn't pursue them down the street... I don't think he'd be convicted of anything if brought to trial. Especially with how the video started - strongarm robbery.

strong will from old heart , but what if the robbers were bad ass crazy dudes? wouldnt they just shoot him back and the rest of the innocent bystanders?

PS: i am "not againt or for the gun laws" etc. Just imagining a senario like this, always been told by the "common sense/ generalized assumtion of public" to just stay put and dont try to be a hero unless you have years and years of training under your belt.

strong will from old heart , but what if the robbers were bad ass crazy dudes? wouldnt they just shoot him back and the rest of the innocent bystanders?

PS: i am "not againt or for the gun laws" etc. Just imagining a senario like this, always been told by the "common sense/ generalized assumtion of public" to just stay put and dont try to be a hero unless you have years and years of training under your belt.

I could see that if you had no weapon to defend yourself especially if confronted with a firearm. But in this case with nothing between you and the perps and it looks as if he was able to draw without being seen why would you put your fate into the criminals hands?

I could see that if you had no weapon to defend yourself especially if confronted with a firearm. But in this case with nothing between you and the perps and it looks as if he was able to draw without being seen why would you put your fate into the criminals hands?

This! I will not be a victim, at least not very easily..

-VanDy