Two week ride west

wicked94s10

as you can see in the first picture there was a good amount of water on the flats. The locals suggested we not go out on them as its like quick sand when wet. we did pull off a 100 mile per hour run across Rt 80 to get away from a nasty storm that was rolling in

Looks like an epic trip. Riding across Nevada looks similar to riding across Kansas. I just got back from a 3800 mile trip to Colorado and back in 6 days. One day I would love to do this trip, NW states have some amazing beauty and roads. Keep the pics coming!

I know all about that i'm in Kansas now. This place sucks.

I got pulled over this morning on Rt 103 in Colorado, apparently 47 in a 30 is a nono. the sheriff let me off with a warning ill post that picture after i'm ho

me its on my brothers camera

Fantastic! You took our trip (a couple years back) and expanded it to what I wanted to do. I am jealous too.

I agree, Kansas is BORING! We rode US 50 across the state.

What was your route out and back? Camp out or motel it?

We are taking 70 back home so we can put down some miles. I don't have to be back to work till Monday but it would be nice to have one day off the bike before I go back. One day this week ill map out our route. we camped three nights and did hotels the rest. We had planned on doing half and half but it didn't work out. Two days in Montana we could not sleep in tents due to recent grizzly attacks in the area. Two other nights it was 40 degrees and that's just to cold to camp in July. Plus its kinda nice to have apool and a hot tub after a long day on the road

Well you all made great time, even taking all those great pics! 70 through KC and Mizzou and St. L is a mutha too. From there to Columbus is another boring rough ride. Rubber side down, shiney side up.........!