Few pics from today's ride

thirdgenlxi

Not too long of a ride today... about 150 miles or so. At one point I was almost ready to call it off and come home cuz all these random storms kept popping up all over the place. But I decided to change my route a little bit and give it a shot and see what happens. Worked out pretty good, only got a very little bit of light rain for a short period, nothing big at all, then just some wet roads, and the rest of the time it was actually pretty nice

Anyways, this is what I got to tango with all day long.... this was near the very beginning of the day, lol. So needles to say, I went the other way

c18fdc17.jpg

Made my way up NC 181/Brown Mountain

a4d1d1b5.jpg

Messed around with a few panoramas with a new app I found for my phone

967462f4.jpg

d36f9c34.jpg

Picture quality isn't that great in these.... not sure if there's a way to improve it or not, I'm still messing around with it, lol. Anyways, interactive panorama

[ame]http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=2a7bb1f1-84c7-4943-a63a-669f2441367e[/ame]

Made my way up the Blue Ridge Parkway, stopped at the Grandfather Mountain overlook. Clouds were starting to roll out and sunshine moving in

ec311ebb.jpg

90f7c353.jpg

Made a stop at the Linn Cove Viaduct on the Parkway.... always a favorite spot

51e7eb62.jpg

Still lots of low lying clouds in the area

510683e4.jpg

d597b82e.jpg

d0d2dffc.jpg

Interactive panorama

[ame]http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=d55ab7cf-0ae2-4910-b8b2-c161e80f54e6[/ame]

Then as I was sitting there, a huge cloud started to pretty much fully cover the whole area I was in

4a18c7b8.jpg

Here it comes! LOL

4cbc15e6.jpg

That's about all I got today.... it was starting to get late and I didn't have a clear visor with me so I made my way home. All in all other than all the storms moving around, wasn't a bad day for a ride.... humid but not terribly hot out so felt pretty good

Lynn Cove viaduct is the coolest thing. Great shots! Really, that first one at Lynn is awesome. Did you climb to get it?

Thanks!! Yea there's a perfect picture spot up on a big rock. You've gotta go past it and park and the overlook, then walk back towards the bridge on the little path, then right before the bridge cross the road and there's a little 'trail' (worn down from foot traffic) that goes up into the trees, and you can get up on the rock right there and it's a perfect view of the whole bridge. Pretty much any of the professional pics you find are taken from that same rock