Motoseries Beaver PIRC August 4-5

jbot

Back home, and zillion thx to jbot for the helping me with the dream of one track day atleast.

Nice day, learned a lot about my bike, also realized i am no racer. prolly will be doing few more novice session to learn and never try anything above it. I prefer paced touring with my bike i guess and going to far and new destinations

Nice to meet active OR fellows like link and R1, plus lot of other nice fellas. Started off with so much ideas for video and in the end didnt get any time at all, it was pretty much on the bike or in the class all the time.

I just got home from the weekend there racing the mini gp bikes on the kart track for our eastern national event.

What a weekend full of crazy weather and seeing lots of cool stuff

Sat was perfect.. But then Sunday came and so did the rain! Did any of u guys on the north track stay for Sunday? I heard a few bikes out on the track after lunch, but not many.

Also, was the owner of that S1000RR a member here? I'm glad to see he was ok, but that bike was fooked!! My son thought it was the batman bike. That's a fast way to lose $15k!

Edited by Casper
Pic removed per request

Ouch! That sucks bad! How the heck do you bust the frame like that? And still manage to keep the forks relatively straight?

Hope he has insurance on that, sure was an unfortunate incident while out riding the back roads...

Had a great time Saturday, I think I met a few of you guys without realizing who you were.

I thoroughly enjoyed running my Tuono around even though I never got out of 3rd gear. At least I feel like I can ride the thing now which is reassuring.

A few of the Mini riders dropped by too to oogle my friend's VTR250. They were a cool bunch and that whole group was a hoot to watch. I may have to get into that!

Speaking of, I did take his VTR out for half of session 6. Fuck that was fun!

The BMW crash is a major, major bummer. I feel so bad for that guy. I really hope he can find his way out of that without taking a huge financial hit.

I wanted to say to him it'll buff out, but figured it was too soon.

If he's making payments on it, I think he would have to rebuild it.

More power to him if he fixes it. If the engine and transmission are still good, I can see it happening. The forks looked fine, so did the front brakes and rotors. Wheels appeared to be ok. If he makes it into a full-on track bike, rebuilding it might not be too bad. Getting a new frameThe frame is thetricky part, and I'm sure it'll nickle and dime him pretty hard, but what else would you do?

That bike looks like the one that was pitted across from myself and R1's at Nelson's.

Nope, I believe this was a different guy. The one from Nelsons lives out near Grafton by me and hauls his in the back of his truck. This guy had an enclosed trailer and he was younger.

so... what happened exactly? i heard something about an incident at the kink or something. did he just go off line or tuck it or what?

Mike (Jen's (wo)man :D ) said he was behind him and figured he got in too hot for his comfort into the kink and grabbed a handful of brake thusly starting the series of events that lead to one $15k pile of scrap. He said it started out just sliding on it's side on the track but once it hit the grass it started it's gymnastics routine.

Had a great time Saturday, I think I met a few of you guys without realizing who you were.

I thoroughly enjoyed running my Tuono around even though I never got out of 3rd gear. At least I feel like I can ride the thing now which is reassuring.

A few of the Mini riders dropped by too to oogle my friend's VTR250. They were a cool bunch and that whole group was a hoot to watch. I may have to get into that!

Speaking of, I did take his VTR out for half of session 6. Fuck that was fun!

The BMW crash is a major, major bummer. I feel so bad for that guy. I really hope he can find his way out of that without taking a huge financial hit.

It was nice to meet you, now that I know it was you pitting across from us at the pit in entrance. I was the one stuck working on the red gixxer. :(

But I did get it fixed and made a good day out of it!

And you freak me the hell out when you rolled out onto the track with that VT as I came through T1. I actually roll off momentarily because I wasn't sure how quickly you were going to try to "merge".