My new track toy..

fireman_343

So, I picked up a 1990 FZR400 chassis with (what I was told) a 580cc motor in it, but I won't know till I do a little digging around on the bike and cross reference a few things.

Anyway, some college kid has had it for the past 3 years. It has sat in the garage for the past 2 doing nothing but rusting and collecting dust and spider-webs. So, I picked it up for a crazy price and I will start the rebuild/clean-up of the bike ASAP. From the notes that I was given, it has TZ250 wheels, TZ250 tail section, ZX (something) radiator, R6 brakes, GSXR forks (older SRAD style I assume), TZ all aluminum sub-frame, barnett clutch, stage 3 dyno-jet kit, K&N filters, etc, etc...

Anyone recognize the bike, or know who owned it before the kid I got it off of?

I can't wait to dive into the thing and start getting it ready for the track and start racing Vintage. I HOPE that I can get it ready for a track day soon, but we will see.

I want to thank my lovely wife Niki for being the coolest wife around and for not really giving me too much $h%T for getting it. She said it looks like junk, but she then quickly said all the bikes I bring home look like junk, but end up looking kinda cool after I get my hands on them. :D

c43f96ca.jpg

f286513a.jpg

aa09af92.jpg

Love the old delta box bikes, had a 600 for a while. Idk about the 580 motor....the fzr600 bolts right into the 400 frame, basically going from a steel frame to aluminum. Should be a face-raper on the track. I did a lot of work on my fizzer, would be glad to answer any questions.

Thanks guys and I'm sure if I have any questions about the bike as I start digging into it, I'll ask ya CrazySkullCrusher

From what I've read about the 400 chassis, is it is one of the best chassis for Roadracing, and with the 600 motor and the right rider... It can keep up with some modern bikes. We will see! Lol

• 1 month later...

Well after a little bit of work to the bike, getting it ready for a track day shake down, I found that the motor more than likely is a 413 or 430cc. 1st or 2nd overbore.

Anyway, I cleaned the carbs, got new chain, sprockets and a few other little bits that I need to install (seat pad,bar ends, etc..)

It's a fun little bike riding it around my neighborhood and can't wait to get it out on the track next Sat!

Anyway.. This is what she looks like now. I'll be updating the look with either R1 or R6 bodywork over the winter, but the old vintage stuff will stay on for now.

3402B11F-07BC-4953-9200-88508A15E78B-16891-000013293B603262.jpg

0F37B124-48EE-46B9-9C07-6FEB111A1911-16891-0000132930F95FA8.jpg

Edited by fireman_343