Tank bag question

bandit12

I have never used a tank bag and picked one up a few weeks back. Last week I took a ride on a fairly warm day and filled the gas tank then headed home. When I got home I was in a hurry so rather than take all the stuff out of the bag I just took the whole bag into the house then I noticed that where the gas cap is there was a wet spot on the bag.

I figure that it was from the tank venting and fuel vapor collecting on the bottom of the bag, Is this normal?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I just wanted to know.

Did you by chance have ice water on the bladder if any? If so mine sometimes has condensation on the tank plastic like a little bit of moisture. Mines even got a anti slip pad on it. I thought that mine was leaking as well till I figured that part out. Hope that helps some.

I'm not sure what to think at the moment, I went out and checked the condition of the gas cap seal and it looks fine. Nothing in the bag but bills and recipts, no drinks or anything.

I just thought that the vapor from the tank vent was condensating.

:dunno:

I checked what I thought was the vent and it turned out to be a drain for if you overflow or spill gas, its clean. Then I checked out the cap itself and couldn't find any obvious vent holes so I took the assembly off the tank and took it apart.

I cleaned off any gummy gas residue and found a couple holes that could be vents and cleaned them out, I guess we will see what happens.

Mine line was pinched at the back of the tank. On the first gen SV, it ran down from the tank filler, to a T at the rear mounting point that was joined by another vent tube (that I forget from where) and then exited out the bottom. When the tank was lower and the seat on, it would pinch right where the t was. I shortened everything up, moving the T and didn't have any other issues. Just another thing to check, as mine wasn't clogged, but pinched when everything was buttoned up.