Disney..... Land or World?? where to go?

MidgetTodd

I was at world last year. Lots of long lines and foreiners who dont understand personal space. The 3d rides were a Blast. Best I thought was a trip to the moon or mars or something. Best thing we did was the meal tickets. It ensure your expenses are fixed, at least for food.Stayed at a disney resort but it was nothing special, rooms pretty crappy actually. U can use the meal tickets at the park or resort. Not sure about fast pass. You get tickets from the specific ride then return in a certain time slot and you pass all the walk in people. It's free to do. If you're not staying at a resort hotel I'd make sure your hotel has a shuttle to the park. Should be free. Most annoying thing was at the end of every ride you exit thru a gift shop for the ride. Marketing at its best.

Edited by Gump

Def World! Just got back from there in July. It was just me and my daughter. We stayed at disneys Pop Century resort. It's the cheapest of the resorts but even at that is a good place to stay. I got the quick service dining plan which basically means fast food. It was 2 meals a day with snacks. I also paid for the park hopper option. GET THIS! It allows you to go to any park on any day as many times as you want. Much better than being welded to one park every day. That option alone was well worth the money. Get comfortable shoes, I cannot stress this enough. You will be walking ALOT! Next time I go I'm planning on doing the Port Orleans resort. The only complaint I had about Pop Century was that it had loud guests late into the night. A result of being the cheapest place I'm assuming. Still wasn't unbearable though. So I'm jumping up in the price bracket next time to get away from that.

One more thing...I was there for 6 days and didn't come close to seeing everything. You will need about 2 days per park to cover it all.

Per park? I thought it was one place. How many parks are there?

LOL you my friend need to do some research.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/

Disney is not really a weekend trip, It's at least a week due to all the stuff they have there, and the length of the lines. The wife wants to take the girls down, but I have been putting it off. It will probably happen next year.

There are 4 parks. Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood studios. AND there are 2 water parks plus Downtown Disney. The water parks are extra so keep that in mind when ordering packages. If you have AAA, they can get you a great package and advise you on your options. It's a big trip man, not like going to kings island. They are saying they have more ground than San Diego so keep that in mind.

lol, I'm serious... get new shoes meant for extreme walking before you go.

Something nice and soft and comfy.

edit: you can swim at Disney World. With reef, sharks, dolphins (special tour), tropical fish, whatever. Don't count that out.

And regular swimming pools also. There are entire travel guides on just the swimming at Disney World.

Edited by ReconRat

Kids wont be interested in that. They want Disney. And those would require driving with all of them in the car, not good for my sanity

The first mention of going to Disney already told us that your sanity is GONE.

I'm watching this, and I have talked with a people here and there that have gone, because with the gang I have it's inevitable that we will be going there.

I wish you luck! With that many females you will need some alone time when you get home.

Lol yeah, I took one and it was bad enough. I don't mind saying what I paid for our trip. Here's what we got: 5 nights, 6 days at Disneys Pop Century resort, tickets for all days with park hopper option, quick service dining plan for the two of us. All for 1,662 bucks through AAA. You also get some coupons and whatnot in your book from AAA. If you stay on a Disney resort, you get to take advantage of their "extra magic hours". These are every day and they open 1-2 parks early and have 1-2 parks stay open late every day. Epcot has one until midnight and magic kingdom has one until 2am. Again, you MUST be staying at one of the resorts to do this. I know it seems like a ton of money but it was worth every penny.

Disney is a good sized city near Orlando. It includes Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. In addition there are water parks, hotel resorts, golf courses, Downtown Disney, condos, etc. This is all on Disney property which is bigger than many cities.

In addition in the area is Universal Studios (including the Harry Potter land), Seaworld and numerous other attractions.

The beach is over an hour drive from Orlando but is an option.

Be aware that going during the holidays the parks will be PACKED, PACKED, PACKED. Sometimes it was difficult just to walk around when we went last Christmas. If you can go in October or early November. You will avoid the summer heat and have much smaller crowds.

Also be aware you will spend a fortune. Ticket prices make CedarPoint seem like a bargain. :eek:

Take advantage of the FastPass. It is a feature not a cost add on like other parks. You take your tickets to the popular ride you want and feed a machine and get passes for the ride sometime later. Then you can come back at that time and wait ~5min instead of 1hr. The catch is you can only FastPass a new ride once an hour and you have to go to the entrance to the ride to reserve your pass.

Craig