Deals Gap trip mid to late october?

RHill

Nope' date=' but I'll be there next weekend.[/quote']

I'd love to go sooner rather than later, but I want to go for more than a weekend to visit family, and work has me pretty busy until October.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out.

Still trying to nail down exact dates for this, brother in law has been commuting to Canada for work and we are not sure when that is coming to an end. Hopefully talk him into riding for a little while, doubt he will make the trip to the gap though.

Imho, once you've ridden the dragon....-yawn-......you'll find there are lots of better roads to ride down there.

this!

I was telling my friends new bf who rides about the Gap trip and he was all excited when he asked how many times I rode the Dragon, the confused look on his face when I said 0 was priceless. It just bores me with so many other sweet roads around

Where at in SC?

Dont remember if I responded to this in PM or not, around Greenville SC.

Imho, once you've ridden the dragon....-yawn-......you'll find there are lots of better roads to ride down there.

I've been mapping out some roads that look amazing(on the map) in a 30 minute radius from my sisters place. Still hope to hit the dragon.

Leaf season is not one of my favorite times to visit the Smoky Mountains, I have tried twice now, and the traffic is very heavy, and slow moving...

Riding at night, which I usually am not a fan of at all on twisty back roads, was the best time for me to ride during this time of year.

Don't take this the wrong way, it is/can still be fun at times, but constantly passing slow moving, and completely stopped vehicles, really got old throughout the day for me.

I found middle of the week was the best time to ride the Smokeys.......man I am fighting the urge to just load up and ride down......told the wife the other day I was going, and she said, 'oh yeh?'....which to me is a green light....haha. Ride down, through the mountains, back up the BRP to I 64-W and scoot back home. 3 or 4 days there and back....I've got a ride I want to attend on the 22nd back in Battle Creek, a benefit ride for a kid crippled in a car wreck. After that tho.............

I'm hoping that the first week of Oct won't have too many leaf watchers. I'm trailering the bike down. Got a cabin over by Pigeon Forge for the week with the woman. Hopefully be on the bike a lot but also out doing other things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2