Stompgrip vs rearsets for a broke short rider?

RHill

In the previous pic his thigh is under the ledge of the tank....giving stability.

even more OT....."the pace" is a good read, but it teaches some stupid shit as well.....dont lean in, because it will look like you are going fast. Appearances be damned, I'd rather have the safety margin of leaning in. jorge-lorenzo_2224848b.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only pussies lean in.

:p

Straight up FTW....till you lose traction or see an obstacle, and you are fucked.

Leaned in you can straighten the bike up, giving more traction while still turning, decelerating, and staying on the road.

Yay stompgrip vs rearset thread....whats up next? counter steering?

you see, the real way you turn a motorcycle is to put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you shake it all about. You do the hokie pokie and you turn yourself about.

Edited by RHill

There are a lot of less expensive options for anti slip covers to put on your tank.

I haven't used them, because I haven't needed to put something on my tank.

But when I see creative options at the track, I have asked where they got it.

There is a Rubber "tire like" option in the Auto section of Walmart.

Anti slip options for wood stairs.

Get creative.

You just have to cut to fit.

In order to not put weight on the bars you have to hold on with something. He is using his outside leg. Everyone teaches that but then I guess people like Keith Code really don't know what they are talking about.

what do you think a seat is for? I never weight pegs. I'd be tired after 4 laps.

I use my legs to transfer my body around up and over the seat and that's it.

and I don't hang on with my arms. inertia is doing most of the work along with the seat. the faster you go the more you can hang off without needing to "hang on". you have noticed this before haven't you?

yes, it's inertia holding the bike up. I asked physics professor.

Wow. Guess you know it all. The seat isn't doing much to keep you on. The force isn't straight into the seat. I use my legs to hold on and don't get tired. This is what's taught in all of the top level schools.

Can't be. Rossi and Mladin said it's all BS.

:eatdrink:

what do you think a seat is for? I never weight pegs. I'd be tired after 4 laps.

I use my legs to transfer my body around up and over the seat and that's it.

and I don't hang on with my arms. inertia is doing most of the work along with the seat. the faster you go the more you can hang off without needing to "hang on". you have noticed this before haven't you?

yes, it's inertia holding the bike up. I asked physics professor.

You prof is half right. Inertia is causing the "g" force you feel going around the turn. The bike and your body want to continue in a straight line. Friction is acting as a centripetal force and causing the bike to turn around the radius. It is a balance between friction and inertia that hold the bike up. Without friction you would go in a straight line and without inertia you would fall into every turn.